Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

Arrived yesterday :slight_smile:

20201126_145130

11 Likes

Darn! And I bought a ‘Smart’ TV back in post 16! I should have known better :grin:

(at least the Google assistant has been deafened)

4 Likes

According to the viewscreen on your wall that book has always been on your bookshelf…

3 Likes

viewscreen on my wall? didn’t get that

1 Like

That, also, has always been there.

(Read the book already, otherwise this stuff makes no sense! :grin:)

7 Likes

What are you trying to say? You don’t like the writer?
I’ll start reading this weekend, have you already read it ?

1 Like

Aren’t they called telescreens in the novel? I think viewscreens was used in one of the movies.

4 Likes

2+2=

:rat:

2 Likes

please no spoilers!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You need to read the book. Then you’ll get the reference.

5 Likes

Soon I’ll be able to understand you guys then heheh
Feeling stupid here

5 Likes

What did you do? New keys?

1 Like

You Did not need to buy that, we are all living it right NOW!!! :rofl:

7 Likes

Couldn’t take having any windows references on my system - the EnOS logo looks much better! The other keys - well - what says ‘escape’ to you? My A was wearing out already, and the replacement isn’t quick from Corsair - and alts are just alternating :grin:

1 Like

Do these keys fit any of the Mechanical keyboards like my cooler master MS121 kit? How easy is it to remove the keys. Haven’t done that before and this is my first semi-mechanical keyboard. Where did you get them and what is the cost?

@ricklinux Removal of key caps is not that hard. I remove all the key caps on my keyboards once or twice a year so I can give them a good cleaning. I have a key cap puller, however you can do it by hand if you are careful. Just make sure to pull them straight up. @freebird54 said that he got them from this company:

https://www.maxkeyboard.com/custom-backlight-compatible-keycap-for-backlit-keyboard.html

Someone else will have to answer about the fit and finish.

2 Likes

Most of the keycaps fit most of the keyboard switches. Mine are Cherry, but many others use the same design. Essentially the switch looks like a Phillips screwdriver or + sign.

as @linesma says - anything that allows a straight pull up will work - but cheap (or even free) pullers are available. I grabbed a wire-based one from the same place for not much just to be on the safe side - but I have used a couple of dentist ‘picks’ before without problems, and also a ‘chip puller’ from back in the day when chips were socketed (C64 - IBM PC - ST etc).

Just visit the site for costs - they range from a buck or 2 to maybe 8 - depending on what, and whether it is a full custom job. I got a few things so that the sh8ipping wouldn’t exceed the purchase price!

There are quite a few places - I went with maxkeyboard.com this time (no experience with any of them)

2 Likes

How do you know the sizing? Seems they have a lot of listings.

They have lots of info on that - basically you can specify by row, and size (1x1 1x1,25 1x1.5 etc etc) - it isn’t too bad (they have pictures (maps) too) :grin:

1 Like

Wait… How do I add pictures?