Show your latest purchase! (With pictures)

Just pure hell. I don’t know what the hell possessed me to want to move back to Android…maybe the devil himself?

1 Like

I would think so .

Blessed are ye, whom can recognise the influence of such powers .

May you never be seperated from the unhindered light of Apple Inc.

2 Likes

That’s a very capable CPU in a used machine. It’s where good things happened to Intel mobile chips, as they switched to 4core/8thread on their mobile U line-up. Happy for you.

3 Likes

photo_2020-11-17_18-09-44

Made myself a point to drink more tea and less coffee, so this is my first attempt at buying something more than bagged black tea and coating it in milk and honey.

Black tea with Irish Cream and Apple Pie flavors, some fruit tea that’s heavy with oranges, White tea, Oolong tea and Green tea with hemp leaves.

9 Likes

It’s meant to replace my Dell Latitude 7450 with a dual core I5 5300u

1 Like

Praise to thee, Timothy Cook.

1 Like

First fully custon Mechanical keyboard.20201120_230538

13 Likes

Love the look - but couldn’t function without the ‘rest of it’ ! :rofl:

4 Likes

The FN keys and Numpad keys are on a differnrt layer. I access them using the twonkeys in the bottom middle(between the two oragne keys which are space bars.)

But I get what you meen. 60% isn’t for everyone. Especially Ortholinear keys.

1 Like

Happy coloured bike!

13 Likes

Sometimes 100% is not enough! I’d like about 10 macro keys too…

Oh well - at least I have audio controls on mine!

2 Likes

Just picked up my new work computer so I can use my x1 carbon for fun again and not have it tainted with dual boot windows anymore.

Meet the thinkpad e455. It has mismatched 8gb of RAM a 14" cheap display and a simply fantastic keyboard with an AMD a6 processor. Perfect for work, and if it gets stolen or destroyed, whatever. Offerup buy with no SSD

$40

Edit: Still waiting on my new 240gb kingston SSD. $28 from Amazon. Not a bad $68 work computer if I do say so.

IMG_20201120_121559

13 Likes

The new GMMK Pro + Numpad might be good then.

Hey I’ve done that before on a cell phone. Didn’t cause any damage though. Guess i got lucky. :man_shrugging:

My new (old) favourite keyboard :heart_eyes:

IMG_20201123_194548

22 Likes

philips

6 Likes

After a long wait - an upgrade!

20201126_112816

Yes - that’s ESC, SUPER, L-ALT, R-ALT, A :grin:

Sorry for the lousy pic - can’t determine if the fault is my phone or me!

13 Likes

they stickers ?

@Shjim They look like custom key caps. One company that I know of that makes them is here:

4 Likes

That’s who it was - and the quality looks OK so far. I might have done a better job (wider curves) on the Super key - but I’ll know for next time (let more light shine through) :grin:

2 Likes