Should Linus(LTT) Pick Endeavour as his Daily Driver?

Who gives a flying crap what this douche nozzle thinks?

He is a MS & Google fanboi, he obviously has no intention of ever learning Linux, was forced into this against his will due to a bet … and embarrassed himself with his ignorance, laziness and incompetence.

Running apt commands on an Arch system is like trying to plug a memory stick into a PCI expansion slot … and then blaming the hardware for not explaining it to him.

I love how in his entitled little head none of these issues were actually his fault. It was Linux and how it did not work they way he assumed it should.

4 Likes

My initial thought was - no.

After a couple weeks. I really hope he goes back to Windows, or Ubuntu, or wherever they came from. Endeavour is perfectly good without internet celebs.

4 Likes

lol, he came up with this challenge himself.

People also say he is Nvidia, AMD and Intel fanboy. :joy:
Oh, and also now he is supposed to hate MS because he invested in the Framework laptop company and MS has Surface.

2 Likes

Linus did mention on the WAN show once all the episodes of the challenge tasks are up, he would like a video of Anthony and other folks to reacting to the challenge.

Yeah, I just watched Linus saying on Friday night that one of the rules of the challenge is that they are not allowed to get support from friends. They should cope like any other antisocial windows die-hard would: just perusing the relevant forums and google.
So I guess there’ll be a reckoning at the end.

But you can’t become an antisocial, search engine scraping, forum reading Linux user without … Ooh no! - Maybe we™ just shouldn’t judge on that one? :rofl:

1 Like

linus doesn’t honestly seem like the kind of guy to read the arch wiki. a lot of his issues could easily be solved by reading for ten minutes. I think endeavour, being terminal focused would be way too much of a learning curve for him

2 Likes

Anyone who wants can use EndeavourOS. :enos_flag:

3 Likes

Not sure Linus can. He is trying sudo apt on Manjaro, too difficult to browse Google and type manjaro package manager to figure out which package manager is used by the distro. He never heard of pacman :space_invader:

A wink from CTT to LTT ?

:man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Is that i3wm? Is he using now eos!?

Debian with Unity and bspwm as WM. See: 7’40"

2 Likes

Gaming on Debian :face_with_raised_eyebrow: interesting

I think it’s debian unstable or something. Anyway he always was in favor of the idea that distros don’t matter and just a starting point.

More like LTT started discussion around these topics.

And yeah, it makes sense to use Windows if gaming is the primary purpose.

I find it very hard to believe that anyone using linux doesn’t know the difference between distros and their package managers. I have people using Arch who NEVER used linux in their life. They are using Antergos, Manjaro, Mint, EndeavourOS and MX Linux to name a few.

Someone who is youtube channel to promote linux and doesn’t know this? I don’t have much to say.

Quite funny when the first game he mentions is diablo 2 resurrected and I have had a flawless experience with the game on Linux since beta.

1 Like

it doesn’t matter that much, depending on what packages you get in the repo. He is probably using Debian Sid. It’s just Debian’s philosophy is free software only. I used to use Debian. Of course they have non free packages etc that can be added… However, would not be my first choice for gaming, I would probably go for pop OS or Manjaro for simple users.

Now of course eos!

There we go, part 3. Still have to watch (do I?) but it’s been rather painful. Hopefully by now it’s clear that Manjaro doesn’t use sudo apt install but
imageman

2 Likes

TSCu_Comic :postal_horn: :clown_face:

I just watched it but was a bit a bit distracted while watching. Did they seriously both fail to compress some files to a .zip??
And btw, somebody should tell Linus that there’s a root account and you can use Dolphin as root.

1 Like