This :

Capture d’écran_2020-08-14_16-06-00

7 Likes

yep, looks great, enjoy :wink:

2 Likes

Back to Gnome again.

2020-08-14_17-03

12 Likes

Is that Dash to Panel that you’re using for the top panel?

Nope, just normal vanilla panel. It is the Flat Remix Gnome shell which makes it looks like that.

https://drasite.com/flat-remix-gnome

I also use Tray Icons extension. Only extension I use.

2 Likes

@Othoric and I were just talking about Sakura terminal with gnome. They mesh well. When using gnome I usually use dash to panel and arc menu as extensions. And of course one of the all time best gnome themes flat remix.

1 Like

Very nice :+1:

And now… Plasma ! :grinning:

Screenshot_20200814_181734

9 Likes

Really nice looking background.

2 Likes

::Puts arms around @anon14644943::

“Let me tell you about a man named Robert Johnson”

:hugs:

3 Likes

For a couple of weeks now, I’ve been enjoying an offline installation of EndeavourOS as my primary operating system (and I posted my Xfce desktop to this thread a few days ago).

Today I decided that I also wanted to experience an online installation of EdeavourOS. I chose to install Cinnamon because I wanted a challenge, having had no prior experience with Cinnamon theming. I also chose to partition my drive manually with the online installer, and it worked beautifully!

So I post the end result of my experiment below. It was a lot of fun, and I couldn’t be more impressed by EndeavourOS!

Screenshot from 2020-08-14 11-47-26

15 Likes

what is your menu app? this is not looking like whisker menu, more like the one from plasma …

edit: it’s cinnamon… :wink:

1 Like

Actually, this installation is Cinnamon, not Xfce, so it’s the stock Cinnamon menu app.

Absolutely love your desktop :heart_eyes: Would you mind sharing the wallpaper and theme please? As my whisker menu and icons don’t look like that. Loving the purple folders as well :purple_heart:

1 Like

cinnamon it is :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

I found the wallpaper here:

https://wallpaperstock.net/blue--purple-geometric-shapes_wallpapers_43576_1920x1200_1.html

This same wallpaper in varous other dimensions can be found through the menu here:

https://wallpaperstock.net/

I installed mint-themes and mint-y-icons from the AUR. In the Cinnamon Themes app, I set these properties, which gave me a hybrid light/dark theme with purple accents:

Window borders: Mint-Y
Icons: Mint-Y-Purple
Controls: Mint-Y-Purple
Desktop: Mint-Y-Dark-Purple

So the end result is a lot like what you would get if you installed Linux Mint directly (but it wouldn’t have been as much fun as installing and theming EndeavourOS).

4 Likes

Great stuff! Thanks so much for all those details. I’m going to have a go at setting this up myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Installed Endeavour onto a 2nd SSD, this time went with Plasma from the start. Far better feeling than installing the default XFCE DE then installing Plasma as an additional DE from the repos for some reason.

Screenshot_20200815_224815

I’ll probably wipe my other install and stick with this, and install Xubuntu on the other SSD :+1:

10 Likes

If you’re feeling daring, install the Rolling Rhino version of Xubuntu. It feels strange to have an Ubuntu rolling release - and you have to sudo apt autoremove more often, but it works surprisingly well so far!

3 Likes