Share Your Desktop

Changed custom accent color to #A09770. So the whole color scheme matches

11 Likes

Wonderfull :enos: :vulcan_salute:
Is this a Star Trek specific font that represents EndeavourOS?

I used the Crillee font. Technically it’s the font used for the credits used in TNG. But I like how it looks for this wallpaper.

1 Like

Thank you!

This is really very successful. A bit different from the standard EOS font, really very fitting

1 Like

WICKED SETUP! :wolf: very cool

i like your conky setup

After a few weeks of experimenting on another machine with CachyOS and Hyprland I finally decided I didn’t like Hyprland as much as I needed to for a full-time switch - too unstable, lots of weird quirks. It’s very good looking and with a lot of fiddling you can make it beautiful, but the term “form over function” has never been more appropriate :laughing: - it’s definitely not ready for prime time unless all you care about is just making it look pretty (the irony of posting this in the Share Your Desktop thread is not lost on me, don’t worry).

However, I did learn a good number of things while I was experimenting, and developed a few new preferences along the way that I then spent a bunch of time working into my Plasma setup here on EOS, so it wasn’t all a waste :slightly_smiling_face:.

A little light remixing of a previous theme I was using later coupled with a change of terminal, some time tweaking fastfetch and a lot of wrestling with KDE’s settings for window rules, virtual desktops and shortcut keys let me integrate a lot of the things I did like about Hyprland into Plasma - top of my list was shortcut keys to launch and kill apps along with focus-on-mouseover (which is a revelation all by itself :laughing:)

15 Likes

Thank you.

If you want I can share the code in the conky thread.

It’s not mine, just something I found somewhere and tweaked to my needs.
Lining up the 8 CPU bars was tricky. I wanted to do something other than the standard 2x4 or 4x2 CPU list.

1 Like

sure yeah that would be cool. i think the more people share their code for conky the better. that way everyone else can use it. kewl stuff.

~WHITEWOLF

My desktop UwU :3

14 Likes

next step :wink:

5 Likes

you are trying to make a gigantic yeti replace your fetcher Great Pyramid?
sometimes life is all a Rorschach to me…

first: dockbarX still preferable to plank for me; still love it.

second: for all you purple lovers I will testify that a muted purple like this for 2 weeks straight tickles my mood if that makes sense. focused and I get more done.

DE: does it matter? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Where can I find that specific wallpaper? Did a Google search with no luck.

Wallpaper

13 Likes

New user here, switched to EndeavourOS recently as I’ve build a new Desktop, all AMD, merely on a budget. (ASrock Deskmeet x300 which is a 6L mini ITX barebone)

My installation process and initial configurations went quite well up so far and I’m pretty happy up so far. KDE Plasma has some nice touches to it, but also a few “misdemeanors”.

Slowly getting the hang of it and in this process it seems like that I didn’t had the CPPC BIOS setting enabled during the installation process and my installation didn’t included the amd_pstate driver. Thus I currently compiling an custom kernel config based on extra/zen.

Anyway, I’ld like to get the most of my hardware - while being relatively power efficient. Currently I’ve configured the machine with cTDP down to 45w and would like to benefit from additional lower CPU frequencies. Which helps a lot to keep the temperatures down.

Learned quite a lot in the last 3 weeks ! And still have some polishing to do, which will be the status quo most likely :wink: Turned out that the machine is quite powerful in comparison to my old machine and I struggle to cope with 100 fps in Doom Eternal … :smile:

11 Likes

I’ll post the base image up later today, currently tied up with a hectic day of work so I can’t get to my laptop

1 Like

13 Likes