Share Your Desktop

lennyborg-1

9 Likes

I like it but the real question is, what do you think? Only person who really see my desktop is me.

2 Likes

I think it looks really good! Iā€™m just bad at matching colors thatā€™s why I was asking for opinions here about if my icons matched the rest of my theme.

1 Like

Matches pretty well from the quick looks I took, when it comes to desktop f opinions the only 1 that matters is yours -amin question I ask is if I can determine a file/filetype at a glance as alot of what I work with has similar names but requires editing in multiple programs.
Basically what Iā€™m saying is ā†’ can take a quick glance and know what you want to do next
(hope this makes sense)

1 Like

This first part I understand :slight_smile:

This second part I donā€™t quite understand what you are saying?

Basically can you look at a file and know what it should open in or if you should open it with another program to make certain changes.

It is how I determine my images and certain text files as some are better edited one way although they can be edited with multiple programs, Not too sure this makes much more sense but hope it does

Yeah it makes sense now, I didnā€™t think about that part when it comes to desktop experience, since I normally only look at first look what you see when you open your desktop. Thanks for explaining!

1 Like

Cool, yer I never used to but recent projects made me realise this

1 Like

Looks like that is the only bad thing about my icon thing as in I canā€™t see if itā€™s a text file or word file or excel. I think I can live with it but it seems hard to find a better theme to matches with that criteria.

If your feeling like changing how things display I would reccommend setting a new user to test under, should have mentioned before, this way you can play as much as you like and who knows maybe find a new way to do things and nothing you do should affect your sys unless sharing those folders.

1 Like

I donā€™t normally like GNOME, but this one looks really good!

1 Like

I donā€™t like how it works (a me issue) but love itā€™s appearance OOTB (fresh?)

1 Like

Same here, it looks amazing, but Iā€™ve really struggled with using the top menu paradigm. Thirty plus years of muscle memory and Fitts Law means I know if I swipe to the top right corner, itā€™s going to close that window when I click, and bottom left is going to kick in with a menu.

Having said that, maybe Gnome would be great for laptopsā€¦? Will have to tryā€¦!

1 Like

I think this is why i w=don
t,use GNOME, just feels weird compared to anythimg else

Hereā€™s my desktop on my main computer. Just changed the background, otherwise running on default theme :smiley:

12 Likes

I found a more updated icon set of what I was using and there the icons do reflect of what type of program they are, so I donā€™t have to search for a better one.

1 Like

Nice

awesome!! could you share the setup for the lock widget?

Creative!