Share Your Desktop

I agree. One of the things that bothered me in my attempts was the often very poor implementation. There is simply only software inverted, without any adjustment. I have already experienced that on pages the images were displayed negatively, black font on dark gray, no adjustment of color contrasts, etc… As long as this is not even all uniformly implemented and observed, the whole thing is just an imposition for me. I am a trained printer and typesetter and feel that such a destroyed overall image as bodily harm.

this context, of course, puts it in a different light.

i have a screenshot above of all black, then one with eospuccin as i call it for myself, it’s all half and nothing whole
but with the bright plasma i do quite well

1 Like

I occasionally switch to Twilight, but the color matching of the icons to the background image in the application bar does not work. Let’s see what 6.0 brings.

cool… i am also Offset printer :wink: back in 92 i was doing apprenticeship

In my case, it was 77. First letterpress (Buchdruck) then later offset. In letterpress, I still worked on the old Heidelberger Tiegel. It’s a pity about the old craft …

long ago …

3 Likes

that’s another one of those half dark, half light. that’s right, it’s not quite clean in the dark area.
i have now gotten into the habit of only using the pre-installed themes. i no longer install any that anyone provides. except for lightly.
btw, i am an electrician doing apprenticeship in 86. :wink:
so i am as old as @joekamprad and much much younger than @Balder :laughing: :joy:

1 Like

I’ve also moved over the years to using only the default stuff. Especially with KDE additional stuff can quickly lead to instability.

Well, I’m about to turn 63 … shit … :older_man:t2:

1 Like

that must be one of the reason why i shot down my former plasma installation;)
i have installed all kinds of themes and garbage without consideration . you learn from mistakes. as i like to say, the problem is usually between the back of the chair and the screen

1 Like

Yes, the simplicity of changing plasma is both a strength and a curse …

1 Like

Just sharing some

9 Likes

finished :grin:

5 Likes

Is that monitor balancing on top of your fish tank? :fish:

4 Likes

no but ding idea LMAO

1 Like

think i have the terminal solid now.

and cleaned up the wires lol

7 Likes

Dark. Transparent. Edgy.

14 Likes

i3 polybar multi

6 Likes

Some color changes to match the wallpaper. Wallpaper by @philou can be found here.

12 Likes

:cocktail:

13 Likes

I like opensuse. I don’t really like zypper though.

1 Like