RoRo's Question(s) of the Day

When I realize I have inadvertently started watching a musical…

5 Likes

Damn is RoRo just copying questions from r/askreddit?

When I need to go washroom…
:rofl: :rofl:

Is that a question?

Gratuitous violence, harsh language, or a lot of fan service…my personal preference not to place these subjects before my eyes.

The Question of the Day! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If I answered this, I would probably be banned.

Well, if at any point during a movie I think for 10 minutes straight: “this movie sucks”, then I’ll stop watching, no point in wasting time (unless, of course, I am warned by a trustworthy friend: “this movie sucks at the beginning, but give it a chance, it gets better near the end”).

1 Like

If I were to drop dead all of a sudden. Of course not only would that stop me from watching a movie or show, it would stop me from doing anything and everything.

Today’s Question of the Day:

What’s something from the early days of the Internet which younger generations may not know about?

That it’s actually something valuable, cool and free as in freedom with no boundaries, not censor as in censorship. That soycial networks is worst thing ever happened to them.

56k modems and how slow the internet was :snail:

Gopher

1 Like

Internet Explorer was champion !

:rofl:

Two things:

1. How amazing it was when support for blinking elements was added
  2. How quickly blinking elements became annoying
4 Likes

Actually, Internet Explorer didn’t even enter the market until 1995 and it didn’t start to get large market share until IE 4 released in late 1997.

In the early days, Mosaic, then Netscape were the dominant browsers.

So…I guess it depends what consider to be the “early days” :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I was shocked when I learned Firefox had more than %40 marketshare back then, nowadays everything is Chrome or Safari. Not exactly everywhere, but around me.

I vaguely remember Netscape and something with AOL. I also remember the first avatar Forum, it was moving in 2D and you could meet people online to chat. That was revolutionary to me, to talk to random people across the globe. :rofl:

Something looking like that

And the came Napster at some point.

1 Like

I would tell if I knew about it.
:boy:t4:

1 Like

Well my internet is slow now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I think I will switch to something like this to get back to the basics https://www.brow.sh/

1 Like