RoRo's Question(s) of the Day

Moringa. Now I am trying my best to live healthy since abusing my body non-stop all the time since. We have 2 beautiful big trees of it in the garden, and a day does not go without eating some part of the tree. powder on the family’s mornin goatmeal; flowers in the salad; we will now cook the seed pods as they have just appeared. Not ours, but you get the idea.
Long live us, and long live moringa.

How’s that for a long answer RoRo? You got me started on healthy food :avocado: :melon: :tomato: You guessed it, we are VEGAN.

1 Like

Good, vegans. I remember as a teenager hooking up with some of them just to go back to their restaurant and eat their amazing food, and listen to their talk. It stuck, my wife and child are all vegan, but not Hari Krishnas :pray:

1 Like

My answer is no, because it would be unconstitutional. The Constitution says anyone 40 and over is eligible and therefore you cannot limit the candidates to those who will turn 65 either during the election year or their term.

1 Like

Sometimes I think limiting it to the age of 12 would produce better results. However, that being said, please try to avoid questions that drift towards politics. This isn’t the place for political discussion.

4 Likes

Glad I don’t have to be that guy again :stuck_out_tongue: :crazy_face:

faq

3 Likes

Depends on his mental capacity and if he is cognizant at that age…

:imp:

Today’s Question of the Day:

What type of people you have NO respect for?

The type of people who have NO respect for others :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

A great many! Most people I have little to no respect for, actually. Now, in the English language, disrespect is often confused with impoliteness. I consider them completely different concepts. I do my best to be polite to everyone by default, regardless of respect, because my politeness is a reflection of me, not of the person towards whom I am polite.

Respect is different.

Respect has to be earned, not demanded. Nobody owes anybody respect. To demand respect is an almost sure way to never get it. As much as one tries, one cannot coerce respect out of people, the same way one cannot rape someone into love.

Furthermore, respect is not a voluntary emotion. Whom you respect is a reflection of your personal standards of morality. It is not a choice, but a consequence of the values you live by in your life. Even you cannot force yourself into respecting a person who is unworthy of your respect (by your own standards). And since this is beyond your control, it would be irrational to blame you for lack of respect.

To think that all people and all worldviews are equally worthy of respect is to be devoid of all moral standards.

If a man has no standards by which he deems others worthy of his respect – and also himself, for he cannot help but unconsciously judge himself by the same standards he lives by (self-esteem is reputation one has with oneself, how consistent one is with the virtues one espouses) – then he has no values by which he lives, he is devoid of virtue. Such a man is unworthy of being respected by anyone, even those who are like him.

So, in short, we respect those who display the virtues we espouse, whether we like it or not.

6 Likes

I think it is a matter of usage. Having respect for someone is totally different than treating someone with respect.

I aspire to treat everyone with respect. That doesn’t mean I respect everyone.

I don’t look for reasons to not respect someone.

I agree with @Kresimir on this. The people I respect are the people who have earned my respect.

4 Likes

No. because with age usually comes widsom (as long as they are not senile)

Yes, that’s pretty much what I meant. These are two very different concepts in my mind, but especially in English, the same word, “respect”, is used in both cases (although the usage is slightly different).

2 Likes

I believe respect is dependent on trust, but many times people try to act politely in order to generate their false image of trust.

This is where is I falter. I am very bad at analyzing people :sweat_smile: .
Many times random people had taken advantage of this over me :rofl:

So, respect is also confused with politeness.

How can we identify whether someone has respect for us or he is just talking politely ? In order to avoid the scenarios in which I can go into.

My philosophy is that it doesn’t matter. Live your life in a manner you can feel good about and let other people choose how they want to feel about you.

I decided it was better for me to not waste my time or mental energy trying to micromanage what people think about me. In the end, if someone decides to deceive me, that is something they have to live with, not me.

4 Likes

I completely agree with you. If someone is deceiving me, then it is of their interest and they should maintain it. But, few times I had losed some chances of participation because of this :laughing:.

To extend it even further, if someone is making fun of me or mocking me, then I think that atleast I am able to bring happiness for them, though by the cheap means.

Yes, this definitely the process of wasting our energy as it can’t yield benefits.

Also, my parents keep telling me that I should be aware of how people talk with me, so that I can’t be lured by them into troubles. My mother usually says that it is not necessary that the person who is talking good with you is good for you, many times evil lie in the cloak of goodness, so I should be aware what is happening around me.
But this is very hard for me to understand as I tend to stay away of the society as much as possible.

That will be difficult. That’s called life experience, you fall on your face and stand up again, with time you also sharpen your instinct, you don’t get fooled that easily anymore. Travelling helps discovering and will bring you in new situations out of your comfort zone. It’s the only way to learn and grow to my opinion. That applies in other parts of life, even education.

2 Likes

Those who use their wealth for evil.

1 Like

Today’s Questions of the Day:

What will make you instantly stop watching a movie or show and why?

Nothing short of a power failure :sweat_smile:

2 Likes