RoRo's Question(s) of the Day

Today’s Question of the Day:

Which fictional character’s death hit you hard?

King Kong’s
:sob:

2 Likes

Marion Crane getting slaughtered in the shower. I was very lucky not to be spoiled in advance, since it’s such a well known film. I was 12 or so, and I really did not see that coming… :rofl:

It’s not that I was very sad about her, though I did grow to like her (she was a thief, but mere minutes after she decided that she wants to make amends, she got killed), but I was really shocked. And later, when I saw the Mother… I screamed!

What a great film! :rofl:

1 Like

This one I only remember :

1 Like

I’m a bit late but

Arch (EndeavourOS)
Come on, your distro has a name, why are you not using it but instead hiding in parenthesis?! If you use Linux Mint, you don’t say Ubuntu (Linux Mint) or if you use MX Linux you don’t use the phrase Debian (MX Linux) Weirdly I haven’t seen this happening much on other Arch-based distros.

1 Like

That’s because EndeavourOS is much closer to Arch than other Arch-based distros. So whenever you say something that applies to Arch, it applies to EndeavourOS.

1 Like

Gandalf. But thanks god he came back as Gandalf the white. btw you are seriously distracting me from work. :rofl:

2 Likes

I never see this . If did it no bother me .

1 Like

Old Yellow. You know, the story about the dog and the boy.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s a brutal one.

That was a biggie! 5 years old, in Kindergarten, and saw the movie at the local theater with my folks. I’ve never cried so hard, before or since.

1 Like

King Kong (1976) version wrecked me when he died. :sob: :sob: :sob:

Today’s Questions of the Day:

Would limiting the age of the President to 65 be something you’d support? Why or why not?

Why? 65 is the new 40! :wink:

2 Likes

No, some of the best Egyptian pharaohs lived to be 100 or close. Take for example Pepi II Neferkare. Or Ramesses II Meryamun “the Great” (supposedly, the Biblical pharaoh).

3 Likes

65+ is better then they can’t stay that long in power if they suck. Only 20-30yrs to go.

1 Like

better ban life long / career Politicians. (time limit )
World be a better place ! :innocent:

2 Likes

You can’t fly a commercial aircraft past 65 so I think “flying” the entire country should probably follow suit for the same reasons. That said, there are much larger problems than age involved.

Though, none of them hit me hard as they all are fictional characters after all, but I had only watched Lion King so far, in which any character had died, hence it was only one which made me slightly sad at that time.

Marley the dog in Marley & Me