Port of garuda-settings for EndOS?

I don’t care about giving credit. It’s open source for a reason my friend

That’s not what open source means.

5 Likes

Open source does not equal plagiarism my friend. I would be careful with this train of thought :hugs:

7 Likes

Ooft my bad then. I shall give credit then. But where do I give the credit if the compilation is only for my own use?

There is already an EOS specific port. See here:

1 Like

Guess I’m not the only one after all that wants a GUI driver manager on EOS then :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

But something basic like that should be implemented officially IMHO
But regardless I shouldn’t be questioned why as to having and wanting a personal preference.

Install Garuda, edit your lsb-release and your os-release files replacing every instance of “Garuda” with “Totally not Garuda for real” and you’re done.

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

That is more of a philosophical question.

That question being, “Should a terminal-centric distro offer more GUI tools?”

There already are a growing list of GUI tools in the welcome app. Some of which overlap with the settings manager.

3 Likes

Yes sir but NONE that offer to install drivers, and not just NVIDIA ones.
Drivers are important.

The very fact that someone else already ported the settings manager GUI just means that to some people, it’s a wanted feature.
Everything else can be terminal centric, that’s fine…but drivers and such should have the option of a GUI even if it’s just in the welcome app

There’s a checkbox in the online installer for nvidia drivers. Worked flawlessly for me.

1 Like

Yep…but what if you’ve started with an AMD card and then upgraded later on to a NVIDIA card…
Having a GUI to do that doesn’t take away from anything else

You’re arguing philosophy at this point. The distro is advertised as terminal-centric, that’s far from hidden.

People who want that choose this, there’s other options for Arch based distros that offer a ton of GUI tools.

1 Like

You install Nvidia drivers using pacman. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The welcome app provides links to the docs on how to do that.

Again, I understand that you want a GUI, but should a terminal-centric distribution maintain GUIs is still a fair question I think.

Also, what you want is available, just not directly from the EndeavourOS team.

3 Likes

But what if I don’t want to? What if I have hybrid and want to see what driver it detects?

This gets my vote as the solution :crazy_face:

3 Likes

You know how to make a distro non-minimalistic? By adding a ton of unnecessary GUI crap.

3 Likes

Then don’t.

1 Like

I know sir and I understand too…but it’s literally just one app I’m suggesting.
Also drivers aren’t just for NVIDIA. Sound and capture cards, wifi cards, etc.

I’m literally talking about ONE GUI app. That’s it.