Port of garuda-settings for EndOS?

ONE GUI app YOU need. What if someone else wants to have a GUI app maintained for them too?

That’s 2.

Eventually, that terminal-centric distro is gone.

You’re still arguing philosophy. There’s options for you out there.

4 Likes

Yeah but I don’t care about them :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:
It’s all about ME you see :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah but seriously recommend me some GOOD arch options that are minimalistic other than Manjaro and ArcoLinux

Well, I want EndeavourOS to come with a working version of Frogatto & Friends installed by default.

Nobody cares what you or I want. Learn to make the OS your own or shut up and use someone else’s vision of what makes a good OS and be thankful you have that. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

hello, thank you for being cool about what you say

2 Likes

I’m going to weigh in. Lets please leave the Microsoft way of thinking at the door. By this I mean I as well like EOS for how minimal the install is, but for the reason that I don’t have to remove a ton of items after install that I will never use and can add whatever I like on top of my install base. Most of us are looking for a good fast stable install base that we can buildup from there rather one likes using Terminal, one likes using GUI, or one likes a combination there of. Microsoft’s thinking is simply do it our way or don’t do it at all. It’s one of the main reasons I dropped Windows for Linux. Linux is suppose to be about finding what works for you the OS installer, I agree with that. In a nutshell I agree I don’t want to see a lot of stuff added to the EOS iso, but at the same time do not want to be questioned or admonished for what I chose to add after my install.

@linux4life that you should of marked as your solution. I believe most of us have items installed that were meant for another OS or another desktop that we just don’t pay attention to how it’s labeled as long as it works as it should.

3 Likes

No!
I want EOS and only EOS. Set up to my liking without having to be questioned why I want said preference. That’s what rubbed me the wrong way and made me mad and reply like an idiot.

THIS! Exactly what I was thinking. That’s why I asked why I had to be questioned as to why I want and have personal preferences

1 Like

Its called a terminal command the most minimal and powerful tool in the computer world, What is so hard with typing yay to update, yay nvidia, yay linux and selecting the option you want. in less time than it takes to open a GUI app.

1 Like

Try not to play the victim card here. You were not questioned as to why you wanted to do this. As a matter of fact it was encouraged as well as given instructions on how to accomplish it. What you were questioned on was why you wanted this added as a GUI option to EndeavourOS a terminal-centric distro. :hugs:

5 Likes

Hahahahaha sometimes packages aren’t called those simple names and you get Error: can’t locate package.
Also terminal is old fashioned and should be put down and out to pasture like an diseased alien.
And besides as I keep saying SOME PEOPLE HAVE PERSONAL PREFERENCES. Just because you like terminal commands doesn’t mean others do.
I could ask the same question - what is so hard or wrong with having a GUI app? As an option or fallback?

1 Like

@linux4life I’m with this I did not make my post to come to your defense on adding items to the OS’s iso.

Enough with the foul language.

5 Likes

I didn’t swear once.
He did. He should be flagged and banned

Is this thread really going somewhere?
dead-end

3 Likes

OK, I have no idea how this escalated so quickly but it clearly needs some time to cool down.

@linux4life, your request has been heard and whether or not it will be implemented will depend on the devs. If they feel it matches their philosophy for the distro and if it is something they want to spend time on then it will be implemented.

That being said, in the same way you have the freedom to suggest anything you want, everyone else has the freedom to either agree or disagree with the suggestion. It isn’t a personal attack when people don’t agree with an idea. They are just voicing their opinion.

Lastly, please remember that the goal of this distro is not to conform to your exact vision for what you want a distro to be. It is simply not possible to create something that is ideal out of the box for every person. In the same way you see a GUI settings manager as minimum required functionality, others see it as unneeded bloat that should not be available by default. There is no avoiding that conflict. It would exist no matter what you suggested adding.

18 Likes

could be a terminal tool, like nvidia-installer :yum:

4 Likes