[POLL] Sports Talk - Who's playing and what are you watching?

Going Bayern’s way at half-time…

I prefer Chelsea Women winning the title again than Man Utd :face_vomiting: but hope someone else wins it next year.

My only consoling thought about Liverpool men is that the UEFA Europa League is the only major trophy that we have not won under Klopp and it would be :sunglasses: to complete the set :trophy:

That’s the way I like it. At least in :england: it could be any of three teams take the final relegation spot, even if Man City have steamrollered their way to the title again.

ManU and Liverpool are accompanied by a rivalry like in the Bundesliga Gladbach and Cologne. Rright after that is Dortmund. :face_vomiting:
That’s why i begrudge Bayern the Championship Trophy.
Not to mention Gladbach will get a few million for the Sommer deal if he wins a title with Bayern. :coin:

So everything according to plan :soccer: :trophy:

One of my earliest memories of watching football live on tv was actually the 1977 European Cup :trophy: final match Gladbach vs LFC playing on the Stadium in Rome. I must be eight years old. If i remember correctly Kenny Dalglish and Kevin Keegan were on the pitch and a lot of legends on the Gladbach side
Since that time i knew for sure there are only two clubs in this world that i will support for the rest of my life.

There is a lot of money rolling around in the Premier League :moneybag:
Unlike :de: , :england: has four or five candidates for the championship.

I remember it too :smiley: I was 7 (so younger than you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). Kenny Dalglish hadn’t joined at that point - he was bought with the money that Liverpool got for selling Keegan to Hamburg later that summer.

True, but five of the last six titles have been won by Man City.

One of the outcomes from today’s matches was Union Berlin qualifying for the Champions League at the same time that Hertha were relegated. Liverpool played a pre-season friendly against Hertha Berlin in the Olympiastadion in 2017 (both clubs were celebrating 125 years since formation). I used it as an excuse to visit Berlin for a week :smiley: The turnaround in fortunes for both Berlin clubs over the last few years is astonishing.

i hope you enjoyed your trip to berlin. the last time i was there was in 1986. I would not know my way around berlin now :smiley:

Well, Hertha wanted to become a Big-City club and was only ruled by amateurs :joy:
In contrast, union had capable people at the controls. continuous advancement, coupled with a fairly simple style of play. stand compactly, move around a lot and move forward quickly. simple but effective.
I envy Union for getting into the Champions League :soccer: :moneybag: :trophy:

is there also a hertha-liverpool fan scarf?

Today at 2 p.m. the last match in the women’s Bundesliga is scheduled.
On Bayern3 is a livestream on offer to see the game :soccer: Bayer vs Turbine Potsdam.

Turbine Potsdam is a pure women’s club without a Bundesliga team in the background as a sponsor. It is a pity that they have already been relegated.

There must be.

It was sad that Turbine Potsdam were relegated :frowning_face: There’s a simiar club in :england: Doncaster Belles who won the league twice, but are now at fourth division level.

Sorry, I left you all on tenterhooks about the outcome of this important match :wink:

Luton won 6-5 on penalties and are now the first team to return to the top tier of English football after successive relegations down to the fifth tier of English football.

Later today (16:30 UTC +1) it’s the final round of games in the :england: Premier League. Champions, and qualifiers for the UEFA Champions and Europa Leagues are already decided, but there’s three clubs who could take up the final two relegation places. There’s lots of permutations, but Everton stay up if they win (and Leicester & Leeds will be relegated). If Everton don’t win and Leicester do win, then Leicester stay up. Leeds have the worst goal difference, so they need to win their own game, and for Everton to lose and Leicester not to win.

These matches are behind the BT Sport and Sky Sports paywalls, so if you’re looking for some free :soccer: then at 14:00 (UTC +2) click on the link for Bayern Munich v Turbine Potsdam given by @swh above.

And the Monaco party ends with another Verstappen win. Bleh.

1 Like

Bayern Munich Ladies wins the Championship after a 11:1 vs Turbine Potsdam

I’ve stopped wathcing Formula One after the deadly Crashes of Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenberger on the most terrible weekend in history at Monza.

For me its simple. No Senna, No Formula One.

It’s the pinnacle of motorsports, and I love cars. . . I can’t not watch. . .

1 Like

It was easy to see why Turbine Potsdam were relegated…

1 Like

Indy 500 staring now. Coca Cola 600 later on this evening.

2 Likes

Everton won.

The final league table is here:

there is truly a reason why the turbines have been relegated

Leicester won the FA Cup in 20/21. Wow. Relegated.
Everton stays. There will be another derby next year

Heidenheim moves up to the :de: Bundesliga as Champions. What a finale. 11 minutes injury time

Relegation is now HSV vs VfB Stuttgart

Here is the final Table

Yes it’s a shock and a shame :frowning_face:

Hopefully 6 points for Liverpool :joy:

I didn’t realise that third bottom in the Bundesliga played off against third in 2. It used to be like that in England.

It’s all about tv money :moneybag: Two games more means more sales
3 up, 3 down. that’s the deal and that’s fair.

For sure :+1:

Yes it is :moneybag: Here it has always been (since playoffs were introduced in 1987) four semi-final matches (home & away legs) and then a final. For the first couple of seasons it was third bottom in the league above and 3rd, 4th & 5th. Now it’s just 3rd-6th. What’s crazy is that Luton (who won the play off final to the Premier League yesterday) finished 3rd and 11 points behind Sheffield United in 2nd. Both now get promoted, but Luton get a trophy and Sheffield Utd don’t :thinking: