Plasma is Great

4 Likes

Dolphinā€™s URL navigator now lives in its toolbar! (Felix Ernst, Dolphin 20.12):

YAY! :partying_face:

ā€¦and itā€™s fair share of bugs this time. My KDE load/splash page was changed, and lock screen is just black w/o image background.

Easy to fix, but those bug should have been spotted before release.

1 Like

I found I do not need the flash of a Plasma. I found a clean workspace works better. I have no fancy effects, I have no window borders or titles. I have a bare desktop with no bars, but a buttload of keyboard shortcuts. When I boot, I see my wallpaper. Nothing else. Just a wallpaper, and I could not be happier.

To each his own. I hope you have a blast with Plasma!

5 Likes

ā€¦and all off a sudden, my desktop feels like bling-orama! :pensive:

Screen Capture_select-area_20200822182119

9 Likes

@Mr_Ecks

that nearly as nice as @anon3337769 kde screenshot ā€¦ i :heart: that post :rofl: :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome reply. I feel the need to post my desktop, bit it is just a wallpaper (taken from another member of the forum, I gave credit there), bit it woulf just be that wallpaperā€¦ So yeahā€¦ Yours is a lotta bling! :wink:

2 Likes

Remind meā€”what is that icon pack you are using? Itā€™s perfectly suited to your desktop.

5 Likes

Simply circles. :+1:

3 Likes

I am using KDE apps in XFCE now :grin:
And all problems are gone .

No screen flickering when recording , dolphin is more responsive now , Konsole and Okular works great and gwenview is superb .

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Edit : Forgot to mention Krename . Itā€™s much faster than Bulk Rename in thunar . When renaming a few hundred files it it slows down . Literally one file per second . 600 files would take 10 minutes . But krename did it in 6 seconds with more options :sunglasses:

If you ever try KDE again and if you have a intel graphics,
in the future you could try to remove the xf86-video-intel package.

I had flickering with KDE too, especially with recording, but after removing that package every problem was gone.

1 Like

I will try that soon , maybe tomorrow . If that solves rendering issues in firefox too then I will use Plasma forever :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Removed that package and all the flickering is gone . @nigelwarning thanks man .

Not anymore :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

Now

Forever Plasma :purple_heart:

2 Likes

LMAO!! if you say so :wink:ā€¦ you jump DE more i eat dinner :rofl:

1 Like

OK, Iā€™ve also been on the road with KDE for 2 days. But I donā€™t know yet if I will stay with it. My fallback is still GNOME. Actually I wanted to wait until Plasma 6.0 is out, but I probably wonā€™t live that long ā€¦

2 Likes

The switch from GNOME to KDE Plasma for me was hard at first too. Even switched back and forth a lot. Although I think future wise KDE will be the better one.

2 Likes

Completely agree . Because Plasma devs are doing a greta job . Even small issues are being taken care of .

I used to have KDE for several years, this is not the problem for me. The problem is rather that, after I have become friends with GNOME for a long time, KDE seems to me to be somewhat exaggerated. However, I also miss too much in GNOME ā€¦ But I liked how far they have come with Wayland in GNOME. On KDE used to bother me the most, how quickly something was broken again. I only know one thing for sure: Iā€™m done with Xfce!

Whenever I use KDE I miss GNOME and whenever I use GNOME I miss KDE.

2 Likes