Plasma 6 (KDE) just reaching the repositories

I can’t find these settings though

EDIT - Set as slide show can change at intervals, it may be hiding it from me as I don’t have 2 screens but on plasma 5 setting 2 different wallpapers was possible.

Thanks for your help. I was conflating “screens” with “virtual desktops”. I only use one screen.

Cheers.

Nate references a fix in that blog for icons not respecting color setting.

1 Like

I use ctrl+left click

Only a reminder :nerd_face:
This is a notification Post/Thread if you have any issues okay to mention but to resolve it please open a new post for this.
:space_invader:

1 Like

I think it’s worth clarifying, currently, you can only have one wallpaper per virtual desktop. I think there’s a widget or plugin you can use called vallpaper that can bring back the old functionality of a unique wallpaper per desktop.

You can, however, have a unique wallpaper per activity. I used to set up my Activities as virtual desktops but things were a little janky. I have the feeling we’ll see VDs and Activities merged in some way during Plasma 6’s lifecycle.

2 Likes

You can also click around it and drag the mouse to create the box to select it, click the little plus icon on in the top left corner of the icon, or control + click. There are many ways to do that when using single click.

Yeah, I recognize the superiority of this paradigm now.

I was not convinced by the selection rectangle (it makes only sense for several files). The right click makes sense except when we copy/cut with key shortcuts. The existence of the small check box finally convince me that it effectively removes one click action without being replaced by another action in every situation.

1 Like

What makes you feel that way?

There were talks about doing exactly that on kde’s gitlab. In the end they concluded they would leave things as they are until they had time to tackle the problem of what to do with activities.

1 Like

Is it even worth downgrading?
The only things that bothers me is that some KDE/Plasma customisation aren’t applying working, and way slower login.

yeah

I wouldn’t think so. I was just answering the question someone asked. :sweat_smile:

However, I suppose if there was something you truly depended on that was broken, it might be worth it.

@joekamprad @Trekkie00

Linux 6.8 stable has officially been released from the official Linux kernel repo

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/tag/?h=v6.8

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux.git/log/?h=linux-6.8.y&qt=grep&q=Linux+6.8

1 Like

what is the relation to this thread?

You mentioned upthread about a new ISO for EndeavourOS, which would use Plasma 6 for its live environment:

I considered the possibility that the EOS team may be waiting for the Arch variant of the Linux 6.8 (or 6.8.1) stable release, on which to rebase the new ISO. However, I understand that since testing has already begun for the new ISO for Plasma 6, the EOS team may instead decide to stick to the 6.7.8 or 6.7.9 stable kernel, so as to minimize the possibility of introducing new bugs that could negate part of the testing process that was already conducted.

It is mostly better to not release ISO with the first release of a new Kernel… but procedure is to be ready when it is ready … If we are not ready before new kernel we will see how it goes.

2 Likes

Is there a way to downgrade KDE/Plasma?
I know it’s possible from the PacMan, but there a way specifically for KDE/Plasma, like the packages needed to be downgraded.

You shouldn’t downgrade only Plasma packages. That’s a huge partial update scenario. Either downgrade the entire system to an earlier date (see the link in @dalto’s post), or leave it as it is.

1 Like