Plasma 6 Add ons

Woohoo Advanced Radio Player is back :crazy_face:

radio

Beside that i am using Netspeed Widget, Compact Pager and Modern Clock. That’s all I need and I’m glad that my favorites are available again.

What are your favorite add-ons. Maybe I would like to use one or the other :wink:

3 Likes

I like aesthetic clock and a weather widget (which is hard to find a working one). Pretty minimalistic here.

2 Likes

Same here. It would be nice if the event calendar came back

1 Like

I currently use the Plasma on Board weather widget.

Weather widget 2 has become weather widget 3, which is almost on par with its predecessor:

What is still missing is the (better) temp widget:
https://gitlab.com/agurenko/plasma-applet-thermal-monitor is not ported, subpar fork:
https://invent.kde.org/olib/thermalmonitor
And still missing, maintainer is on gentoo and waiting for plasma6:
https://github.com/dwardor/plasma-applet-fanspeed-monitor

Beside that I use the before mentioned netspeed widget, modern clock and the already ported Archupdate

3 Likes

My favourite is Modern clock especially since I’ve figured out how to change the font and colour in it

1 Like

I really wish Split Digital Clock is ported soon for my vertical panel. Also started using Modern Clock with plasma 6. It’s super cool…

1 Like

Thanks for pointing to Weather Widget :wink:

It’s one of my favourites too.

Let me guess. In the config file? If not, tell me :wink:

Been retired I no longer need a clock or calendar, everyday is Saturday and the current time is always 17:00 hours.

9 Likes

In Germany we used to say `Kein Bier vor vier(Uhr)* That even rhymes :sweat_smile:
It meens No Beer before four(o clock)

So cheers :beers:

2 Likes

With modern clock it’s a couple of files, just out on a walk at the moment but when I get home I’ll share which ones

1 Like

I am holding out for weather widget 4…

1 Like

That seems sensible to me. Everything will be fixed by then

1 Like

I removed netspeed widget and make use of text only built-in system monitors. The only installed widget is DDC/CI Brightness Control becaus efrom time to time I like to dim/un-dim the main monitor and do not want to fiddle around in the one-knob-controlled-sub-sub-menus of my monitor :wink:

1 Like

I only got Arch Update Checker installed. I installed it today and I like it.

1 Like

Why?
It’s pointless…On Arch updates are constantly flowing…you can count on update always be ready multiple times a day.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing to. I removed netspeed widget too and from now on i use text-only built in system monitors.

1 Like

Well, you have an eos-updater icon as soon as updates are available

2 Likes

Not using it myself so I may not be able to answer further question about it, but if you need to be notified about updates, EnOS has its own eos-update-notifier

$ pacman -Si eos-update-notifier 
Repository      : endeavouros
Name            : eos-update-notifier
Version         : 24.1-1
Description     : Software update notifier and 'news for you' for EndeavourOS users.

@swh beat me to it!
:rocket:

1 Like