Plasma 6 Add ons

Well, you don’t need that stuff either. After all, we can update whenever we think it’s necessary. Even several times an hour :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I just type up (an alias) and my pacman is set to run without sudo (wiser users may object to this).

The U and P keys on my board are getting worn out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What the heck. This is magic :magic_wand: :rofl:

1 Like

i type upd for eos-updater :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been using Kteatime since KDE 1. :teapot:
TeaTime

:wave:

2 Likes

Well, this is a looong time :teapot:

That is certainly useful. I also often forget the time when I have something urgent to do :wink:

1 Like

Maybe some of our members will remember, a long time ago, the saying was KDE coders drink a lot of tea - to be sharp minded - and it was their own construction - that’s more than 20 years ago iirc :thinking:

edit: Some will remember also RMS did not like Kde1 and Kde2 because of the license … years go fast … :wink: ( Mandrake, StormLinux, LinuxPPC etc )

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware of that :teapot:

True that :zap:

1 Like

Plasma 4 *coughing

This one was fun. Iirc, It had some sound when you lower or closed some windows. You could also disable that. I think my old shrink wrap suse pro box could confirm. :wink:

Okay so I completley forgot to post this when I got home but the files you have to edit are
main.xml thr highlighted line and the other couple of hex codes below it

and the main.qml for the font here

1 Like

It’s just something I like to have personally. Nothing more, nothing less.

I honestly forgot about it. :sweat_smile:

It’s just something I like to have. Nothing more, nothing less.

I honestly forgot about it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what I thought :enos:

Kteatime is also my all time favorites. It’s so useful when you make some special teas or coffee with press pot. Weather widget was also must for me before moving to plasma 6.
Another good one I used was Resources monitor - fork. It’s plasmoid for monitoring CPU, frequency, RAM, swap activity, network traffic, GPU activity, Disk activity and CPU/GPU temperature. Of course you can see all that information with conky, but I liked it sat nicely on my panel. I hope they will port it to Plasma 6 at some point.

1 Like

Yer easy as to change it up, would be awesome if they were in the settings. I might put in a request to the dev and see if it’s something they would be willing to do

1 Like

I need to find out how to change the language. It is set to English for me. Normally it should be displayed in the system language

I’m not at home now but I think I may know how to change it. When I get home I’ll have a look and see.

1 Like

I won’t have time to do it again until noon today. Here in Germany it’s just in the morning :wink: I’ve had a coffee and now I have to do some work. See you later

Thats cool it’s just hitting night here, I just got home and had a quick look but what I thought I was looking for was to do with something else unfortunately. My heads a bit wavy at the moment though so I’ll take a proper look tomorrow when I can think a bit better.