Plasma 5.21 Beta Preview on EOS

1 Like

I love the new release! Itā€™s amazing.

The old menu will not disappear. You can just right-click the menu icon and select an alternative.

The new menu will be the Plasma default from this release.

Iā€™m guessing itā€™ll be a couple of more days before we see 5.21 officially hit the Arch repos?

Patience @anon79501528, Plasma 5.21 is currently in testing within the Arch repositories and should move to full release in the next 24 hours.

Screenshot_2021-02-16_14-10-05

Arch are very quick to turn these updates around, so EOS should see this immediately once pushed.

Keep checking those updates!

3 Likes

Thats a quick turnaround. Does testing commonly make it that fast into stable for arch distros? Never really paid attention, but the plasma update is exciting for sure.

With such insanely fast release cyclesā€¦

You donā€™t actually think that they really test stuff on Arch, except making sure that overall stuff is at best justā€¦launches?! :rofl:

Arch never let us down with their release cycle. It is currently in testing and should move to stable at some point today, or tomorrow.

The last Plasma release was in Core repositories within 36 hours.

A very quick turnaroundā€¦Plasma 5.21 is now available to download and update your system.

Screenshot_20210217_154052

It is now available within the Extra repositories.

Enjoy!!

1 Like

The first thing I changed after the update now:
Legacy Kickoff

1 Like

How do you install it? I donā€™t want to mess up what i have.

1 Like

You can add it back as a widget. Right click the menu launcher icon and then select add widgets. Then click on get new widgets, download new plasma widgets, and then search for legacy. Add Legacy Kickoff and then go back to the menu launcher and right click again, select show alternatives and select legacy kickoff.

1 Like

either in the link (it should hook into the Plasma Installer) or by rightclicking on the task bar ā†’ add Widgets ā†’ get new widgets

2 Likes

So am I the only one who finds the old kickoff launcher terrible? It has always been one of the first things I have removed/changed.

Whatā€™s wrong with it? Are you saying you donā€™t like our tastes on the menu? :rofl:

Ok so we have two threads going on about this at the same time. Since this is about the beta and the other release I am going to close this one down and everyone can continue on here:

1 Like