No sound from speakers on fresh install

this is in pulseaudio volume controller, you can see the small blue bar, which is moving with the sounds played

its came out one and a half year ago. also-ucm-conf is already installed.

Can i see behind that panel?

the weird thing is that the microphone won’t show at all

What other items are in the output device tab?

nothing unless I connect something, by the way everything I have connected have worked

Do you have Windows installed dual boot?

1 Like

yes

Do you have Windows fast start up disabled in Windows? It’s in the power management section?

did not help, but guess that was good to do anyways

I am wondering if switching to pulseaudio might work? and then go back again.

You can try that …there are also some kernel parameters or config changes but i will have to look around to see what makes sense.

Tr this one for the mic. If it doesn’t work then just remove. File might not exist so you’ll have to create it. I would reboot also.

cat /etc/modprobe.d/snd-hda-intel.conf                                                                                  
    options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=1

Edit: Another one is to blacklist the intel

/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf:
blacklist snd_hda_intel

What ever changes you try if they don’t work always remove them so you are back where you started.

Also check your Bios to see if there is any Audio device ability to toggle.

tried :frowning: but the thing is I have run quite a few installs over the past few days when I was wondering if I should switch back to arch (can say after this lovely community today, and arch community not so lovely I tend to stay this time).
Anyways over all these installs audio only came out working one time with an arch install with pulseaudio.

Maybe, when playing audio, see if the speakers actually get connected to the audio source with a patchbay like helvum, qjackctl, or carla?

Does the audio work on the live ISO?

@sigvah
I have read a lot of info about using soundwire-dkms-git. You may want to try this. The package is available from the AUR.

yay -S soundwire-dkms-git

From my understanding is the hardware id’s are missing and this patches it. Can’t gurantee it will work but is worth trying.

That one was nesaccary for some time, before a kernal update. Still tried it though no success :frowning:

No