2 Likes

His face is booked alright! :laughing:

2 Likes

My fellow humans…
zuck

3 Likes

Why not?

You would be surprised

I am not sure “Why not” is a strong enough argument to open a FB group and a correct answer to @jonathon question… Anyway do what you wish. For my part I am not on FB, and I don’t plan to be. :innocent:
And… Welcome to the forum !

7 Likes

Because fuck F******k, that’s why not.

edit: terribly sorry about the swearing. I’ve censored the offending word, it shan’t happen again.

10 Likes

Never have! Never will!

3 Likes

Sorry if I sounded disrespectful, but the answer is pretty obvious… Just to make EndeavourOs more popular using any social platform possible

I do not like social media platforms and Facebook is at the top of the list! Won’t ever use it.

2 Likes

Trying to promote an Arch based linux distribution that is in general a privacy centered project with a known privacy invading platform seems counter intuitive to me. i.e there is no spoon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

It’s kind of like showcasing your new poutine at a healthy food festival.

1 Like

Because you do not want Facebook to spy on you. Facebook only works if you allow cookies, etc. And then they track you through the whole internet because all website with facebook plugin report back to facebook that you visited their page.

Why would you want to sacrifice your privacy for a chat group in facebook if you have a chat group right here?

First, welcome to the forum!

While I am sure you are posting this in good faith, you should be aware the there are many privacy conscious and/or anti-facebook users on the forums. While it isn’t the whole community, it is a pretty substantial subsection.

As you have likely already figured out, you can expect some negative feedback on this one. That being said, it isn’t the whole community so someone may appreciate your idea.

6 Likes

Since we are moving to soycial media, someone should make an EndeavourOS MySpace group. :rofl:

4 Likes

We ARE! the social platform! :enos:

1 Like

Sorry @frank but I will never use Facebook. I think Zuckerburg is a loathsome individual. I also refuse to use Spotify, Instagram, WhatsApp etc because they are all owned by Facebook and all of their data ends up there. It’s an evil network. :face_vomiting:

7 Likes

To all who reported my posting: Finally grow some eggs!

2 Likes