Microsoft Edge (dev) is available in AUR

Hello,

Microsoft Edge (developer channel) build for Linux is available at AUR now.
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/microsoft-edge-dev/

Anybody give it a try yet? share your opinion.
is it a good idea to replace Chromium Browser with Microsoft Edge? My Default browser is Chromium.

1 Like

Sorry to be your first response, but they’re going to be data mining. There’s a TOS to wade through before you can even use it. I wouldn’t touch it even if offered a lifetime supply of fave cookies + a giant gold one to stick on top of my house just for fun. :rofl: hashtag poop

10 Likes

Please, do not let this discourage anyone from using the AUR. Usually, such malware in the AUR is exceptionally rare, in general the AUR is safe to use. This is an unfortunate exception.

14 Likes

Lol, I know; maybe a microsoft ninja snook in, specially to do the work of sauron, giggling to themselves that the AUR could get the blame … poor AUR; I think we must send stalwart hobbits to rescue them! brackets I’m not hairy enough close brackets, but might turn out to be first time lucky with a bow and arrow, lol :joy:

6 Likes

Devil is real.

And we know the name :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
You know him by lies, stealing your privacy and making backdoors…

5 Likes

I am going to leave this be as is as it is fairly harmless at the moment. The first sign this theread starts to go south (maybe the initial post already did :laughing:) I will close it. @abhi.bd88 nothing personal this is just a controversial topic.

#flamebait
#dumpsterfire
#not on my watch :hugs:

5 Likes

@keybreak here i fixed it for you :rofl:

4 Likes

make sure to install windows-defender also to be secure like an open window :star_struck:

15 Likes

Why why oh why, just WHY :clown_face: :crazy_face: :rofl:

5 Likes

Exactly! They want to get onto everyone’s turf. Thank goodness tribe Linux has the power to refuse stuff. In the meantime, in the words of Barbara Windsor (Eastenders tv soap; pub landlady) “Get outta ma pub!”

6 Likes

I think an exorcist is approaching. Save the AUR!

6 Likes

I won’t touch it even if an unMicrosofted version existed… :mask:

5 Likes

Good word … if only everything in the world were ‘unMicrosofted’, lol … :partying_face:

4 Likes

Simply why the BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPIN BLEEP would ANYONE in their right mind want this?

3 Likes

I don’t know what makes me think this, but … you’re not keen on it? :rofl:

2 Likes

Hate to say this but I actually agree with you for once @anon83136962 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

In the context of browsers is it any worse than chrome?

You’re selling your soul to someone depending on your choice.

3 Likes

I’d say about the same, but maybe tiny little worse just because of longer history of M$ :laughing:

2 Likes

LOL Edge and Internet Explorer are the two worst browsers ever created. As for Chrome that is exactly why you use a fork of the browser and only have Chrome itself for emergency use.

1 Like

Chromium Edge is quite a different beast to any of MS’s past browsers.

There’s a chance that ad-blocking on Chromium Edge may end up better than Chrome given that Google are planning to fuck with uBlock Origin.

3 Likes