Liking with emojis is enabled on the forum

Indeed, it’s a good idea to replace one of those with something useful like…

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

that would also make sense:

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I have added some more emojis including most of your requests.

3 Likes

The Office gif. Michael slaps the desk violently and thrusts his hands in presentation, exclaiming with outrage "Thank you!"

Thank you @Bryanpwo for bringing the emoji love back!

@Bryanpwo
I see there’s a bit of a problem with height now since there are a lot of emojies it gets cut with either top bar or bottom, depending on where you open it:

You can add this override to css, so that it will tame height and add a scroll to emoji picker dialog:

.discourse-reactions-picker {
  height: 35vh;
  overflow: auto;
  padding: 0 0.33em;
}

It will look something like that:

4 Likes

Thx, I will take care of it when I’m back at my EOS machine.

1 Like

The emoji thing is actually nothing important to me that I would have missed in the forum.
If it is there, also good and sometimes really useful.

What bothers me, however, is that when I simply browse with my phone without being logged in a bit in the forum always come back to the button and the dialog to log in appears.

Summary

Is it possible to disable this function for the mobile view when not logged in?
I would be very grateful!

I cannot see anything to disable this in the settings and next time, create a new topic. This also improves search issues for other users. :wink:

1 Like

I have also brought this up on the Fedora forum before.
The hint that “Discourse” is really not the best forum software was almost punished with an exclusion.

But it was worth a try. Thanks anyway :rofl:

Thanks again @keybreak this looks much better indeed!

1 Like

So you knew the answer already. Nice to know after searching in vain for a hobby project I’m doing next to my job. Thanks, mate!

2 Likes

If they get the Java software to the next level, at least I would be happy.
Don’t panic,.
I’ve gotten used to it. It’s just that as a right-handed person on a cell phone, you always automatically come to this stupid button. And that’s very annoying if you only want to read a little bit. :muscle:

I’m not panicking, I’m just slightly annoyed by the fact you knew the answer and let me search in vain. It’s just a waste of time, unlike Fedora, EndeavourOS isn’t backed by a company. We just do it for the fun of it and you let me search for something that isn’t there, is far from fun in my book…

2 Likes

you can just use the element picker with ublock origin

Ohh, I don’t mean to offend you or cause you to do unnecessary work. Sorry. :cold_sweat:

I would still be happy about a better fork.

Well, start coding then…

3 Likes

Yes, I have here as a plug-in running in Chrome.
I will try it.
Thanks for the tip.
I will give feedback.
:muscle:

No, no plan! Hahahah

I would only wish for it.

1 Like

We need:
:male_detective: :female_detective: :man_detective:

EndeavourOS bureau for Emoji Investigations

Your applications to the main office please

2 Likes