Isp drives me crazy

true that :point_up:

1 Like
5 Likes

It is sad: Everybody wants German cars, German beer, German weapons (tanks incl. crew), but nobody wants German internet.

Es ist traurig: Alle wollen deutsche Autos, deutsches Bier, deutsche Waffen (Panzer incl. Besatzung), aber keiner will deutsches Internet.

3 Likes

Unless you’re someone who lives on the other side of @swh’s street, 1500 mbit/s sounds good! :rofl:

3 Likes

The big issue with DSL is you have to good lines. Use filters on other devices. Dampness for the lines or wet is the worst.

2 Likes

one statement from the technician was, someone must have played in the 17000hz range. with powerlan or something similar

Not sure what you mean by that? :thinking:

1 Like

oh, powerlan are these devices that receive and transmit internet through the wall socket. in the 17000hz range
either in the house or in the neighborhood

Then what do they mean by the statement then?

that was the statement of the technician who was with me today at noon to fix the malfunction. but since there was no more malfunction, his opinion was that it could have been something like this on saturday at the time of the malfunction.

i was referring to your post regarding the wetness. that can’t actually be the case with me.
sorry, maybe we have talked past each other

I didn’t understand what is meant by someone must have played in the 17000hz range?

1 Like

I did not understand that either, that was just the statement

Well i know DSL requencies run 4000 Hz to 4Mhz. Not sure what VDSL or VDSL is. Just trying to understand what they mean and how it was the problem? Just my brain going into overdrive. It’s been years since i have used DSL.

1 Like

this is the complete spectrum of the dsl range. at the end there are 17000hz and in this range an interference must have taken place. be it by a powerlan or any other electronic device working in this range.

2 Likes

Was just referring to the DSL frequency as compared to VDSL & VDSL2

Edit: It’s been so many years since I even see anyone using DSL anymore although it is offered here.

2 Likes

fiber optics is firstly very expensive here, secondly, there is only fiber optics on the other side of the road in my area…

@keybreak uses fiber optics for 10€. i am far from it.

This is the only frequency I know anymore! :laughing: FibreOptic right to my computer!

Screenshot_20230124_135539

3 Likes

this is 50€ per month for me… :slightly_frowning_face:

edit: firbre optics 1000mb is 74,99€

You mean what you have now on DSL?

1 Like