Isp drives me crazy

I have to get rid of that somehow.
since the middle of last week i have massive problems with my dsl connection. always had interruptions and my fritzbox could no longer dial in.
error log says: no dsl synchronization.
on saturday i was without connection for 4 hours. what a drama. this is about the worst thing that can happen, except maybe the world ends.
on sunday at noon, after several calls to the isp, the line stabilized. just to be on the safe side, they sent a technician over. he couldn’t find anything today at noon, but at least i have a brand new phone jack.
isp and the technician has the error message, as well as the error log from the last few weeks. all he had to say about it: watch it and call again as soon as the error occurs again…
as i mentioned, i now have a brand new phone jack, at least that :laughing:

Just wondering…DSL in 2023?

honka_animated-128px-45

on the other side of the street there is fiberglass with 1500mbit or so. this is how they work here in germany :laughing:

2 Likes

I mean…It’s a bit insane :rofl:
Can’t they just lay that cable to your side?

And really, it would be wiser to use mobile 4G / 5G internet since it should be faster and more reliable.

P.S. Sorry, personally i can’t offer DSL advice coz that whole idea sound like nightmare i wish to forget :joy:

2 Likes

it seems to me that one side is high tech of the city and i live in the village. i am surprised that we are already connected to the sewage system here and that i can use the toilet properly :rofl:

2 Likes

ha ha ha yes i use VDSL here too… there is cable internet too but hard to time getting out of DSL and onto the cable… this is not working automatically… and for cable I have to pay more…

2 Likes

No need to sorry, I just wanted to share my experiences :wink:

1 Like

And it is really common to have 4 hours no internet here…

3 Likes

Germany, the famous technical oriented minds…land of the machines and cutting-edge technology :rofl:
honka_animated-128px-34

You can have a proper techno party, but internet will be DSL in the village with at least sewage working… :rofl:

2 Likes

even albania, the poorest country in europe, is better equipped in terms of fiber optics :upside_down_face:

techno, techno…honk, honk :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Not to mention it’s a h4xXx0r land in there :grin:

I think Telekom could dig up all the copper lines and sell them… Germany could be equipped with fiberglass 3 times for the proceeds.,.
But there is a lot more money to make with people like me pay the price for laziness to not cancel contracts having dsl for the price of fiber…

1 Like

i am with vodafone, as you know, the lines belong to telekom. for me the cost is 28€ with 50mbit without phone. this is the most favorable rate possible for me.
i think fiberglass starts at 50€. I am lucky to have at least a satellite system for the house here. I can receive 3500 programs…but I only watch ARTE. with my linux satbox its possible to get some IPTVstreams
in the end, it is always a benefit/cost matter

Our former chancellor once put it this way: “For us, this is all new territory …”.

Unsere ehemalige Kanzlerette formulierte das mal so: “Für uns ist das hier alles Neuland …”.

3 Likes

Holy crap. Where the hell they pull out those prices from…
I have 500 Mbit/s for around 10 € (in some undisclosed location where :clown_face: lives :circus_tent:).

1 Like

spoken in the year 2018 :upside_down_face:

1 Like

this must be a bad joke…

it is unbelievable how our shareholders and board chairmen fill their pockets.

German ISP:
honka_memes-128px-25

1 Like

It is always nice when there are things that endure in life.

3 Likes