In 2021 What DE are you using or switching to?

I’m on Xfce at the moment, but looking to go back to Plasma. Curious what everyone else is switching to in 2021(Or staying with)? :point_up:t3: :nerd_face: :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I use Plasma.

BTW…

8 Likes

I’m on Plasma, and will be staying with Plasma unless someone suddenly comes out with menu’s for other DE’s that I consider usable (AKA - no borders, no artificial limitations to size, no extra launchers, no full screen…like the Plasma “application menu”).

2 Likes

I’ve been trying Regolith DE, DWM and BSPWM lately, but somehow I always return to I3…
Guess it’s just what I’m used too

2 Likes

I was going to wait for the NEW EOS iso to install Plasma, maybe theres pre-release of the upcoming EOS iso that i could try out? :grin:

Same here, but I keep going back to Plasma. :grin:

No point in waiting. You can switch from Xfce to Plasma fairly easily. Maybe make a timeshift snapshot, just in case you want to go back to Xfce.

1 Like

True, but i switch DE so many times in a year i think im going to wear out my Intel nvme drive lol. :rofl:

1 Like

Out of the all the full DE’s Plasma is my favorite too…
Still use it on my desktop pc

1 Like

dwm (but also have Plasma as a fall back)

1 Like

I have dwm as a fall back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gnome.

I like Pumpkin Spice Soy Latte too, btw!
:grin:

Hopefully i’ll switch to something that won’t break long-term, maybe TTY, gotta be ready for :clown_face: :earth_africa:

4 Likes

GNU Hurd, any day now…

4 Likes

I jumped around a lot for a while but I have been using plasma for a yew years now.

3 Likes

TTY is bloat, use a typewriter!

6 Likes

Plasma here also. It’s just perfect DE for me. I like having some bling bling and I think plasma is the best looking DE available. Besides, it’s getting better and better. I just can’t think I could use any other DE anymore. However, I have couple of older laptops which have xfce, because it suits better on them.

1 Like

playing Games on TTY will be a bit limited, as this Linux is not DOS :wink:

2 Likes

text based adventures :smiley:

2 Likes

Plasma (with latte-no soy!) now and not switching. Anyone keeping score?

3 Likes