If not EndeavourOS, what distro would you be using?

I’ve updated at least 5 times today and restarted at least once. This does not show up for me.

In any case, it’s a minor glitch.

I run Plasma default without any further adjustments or optimizations …

I don’t think it’s an issue with Plasma, at all, but with how you’re mounting your drives. I could be wrong, of course. In any case, it’s off-topic here, you’ve already made a thread about it.

Yeah, I’ve read that thread.

Sorry for offtopic and that I stepped on the tail of the sacred cow. Will never happen again …

I would be using calam-arch installer. I know not a distro, but as close to vanilla arch as you can get.

Necrobump to promote your distro? Shameless.

I love it. Hahahaha

4 Likes

Whats this? It is the first time seeing this word

1 Like

love it " Often a tactic of trolls " :rofl: :innocent:

4 Likes

If I weren’t on EndeavourOS, I’d probably have to go back to Slackware :wink:

I havent had any major bugs with Manjaro stable, lots of minor annoying ones sure, but no major ones.

Probably Arco Linux as main (or Archcraft because it’s pretty :heart_eyes:)

Either one coupled with either MX Linux or Ubuntu Studio.

All KDE. :wink:

openSUSE Tumbleweed ( Geckolinux Installer for faster Installation )

Most of the big distros are fine. I like things to just work once set up. Point releases with frequent security & bug fixes are good enough for me. I really don’t like app feature creep changing my work flow before I’m ready. But I also like new hardware…

New hardware needs the mainline or the -rc kernels (or patched kernels) to have graphics/touch/sound/wifi working. Even then full hardware support can take months.

So for me, bleeding edge systems need rolling release distros. The hand-me-downs can use point release distros for set and forget.

So the distros I’ve used (roughly in order)
Mint
Manjaro
MX-linux
Sparky
Arco
Garuda
EnOS

If I had to start over, I’d also look at Leap/Tumbleweed and maybe Rocky. Currently I have Mint for my desktop and EnOS for my laptop. I learn more about Linux from EnOS than from Mint at this point.

1. Fedora 36
  2. Kali
  3. FreeBSD

Most any main Distro with KDE focused. While it’s not a distro I get mate, Cinnamon, xfce, Deepin.
I don’t understand Gnome. I love the name and icon and several of the apps. The DE is the worst I have used on a computer and I don’t understand the draw and popularity? Anyhow I have been with Endeavour for ~4months and really enjoy the whole thing. Not going any where else.

4 Likes

I’d have to say either:

• Fedora - has a really nice stable base yet is always pushing the latest stuff (such as Wayland, Pipewire, etc) - I also manage tons of servers that run CentOS so anything RedHat tends to feel “right at home”.

• Pop_OS! - I love their built in tiling window extension for Gnome, I do realize that it works on most other distros (including Arch/Endeavour) however the experience seems to work a bit better on Pop from my experience.

3 Likes

Your time will be well spent.