How to correctly install my NVIDIA drivers with nvidia-inst?

Ok I am a hopeless newbie and I’m gonna give EOS a try, I’ve been trying to get the hang of the post-install procedure.
I want to make sure I will use nvidia-inst correctly since I could not find any videos of it in action. What command(s) do I use to get my drivers installed? I have a desktop with a GTX 1660 which uses the 525 driver, I also want the 32 bit support, because why not.

Do I simply do
nvidia-inst --32
or do I have to specify the driver version?

There’s a --conf option which the EOS Discovery page says it might be needed on some systems, how do I know if I need this?

Also does this utility install the newer open kernel drivers or the regular proprietary ones? The open kernel ones don’t work for me.

You can just rum nvidia-inst with out any options. And it should detect whats needed and install everything.

With nvidia-inst you can install drivers for your Nvidia GPU. nvidia-inst detects which driver packages are needed. Additional features will be installed based on given options.

Quoting our WiKi.

If you want to install x86 (32 bit) modules then use --32 option.

sudo pacman -S nvidia-dkms nvidia-utils lib32-nvidia-utils nvidia-settings

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.