Greetings from a Manjaro refugee

Began using Linux from 2020 (lockdown activities) and I started with Manjaro. But frequent breakeges were a thing. The last straw for me was them refusing to push Plasma 5.25 into Stable or even Testing until August end or mid- September. Now with that kind of delay I might as well be using Fedora.
So hello Endeavour OS!!!

14 Likes

Hello!

:enos_flag: :handshake:t5:

2 Likes

Welcome!
honka_animated-128px-41

It’s W1se decision to come here :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Hi @W1se and welcome to the forum

1 Like

Hello @W1se :enos_flag:

2 Likes

:enos: :rocketa_purple: :enos_flag:

2 Likes

Welcome @W1se
I came here like 3 days ago, from Manjaro as well and after distro hopping for almost a year. (you can check my earlier posts)

EndeavourOS is absolutely the best. The best OS, best forum, best community.

If may comment, with all due respect to your point of view, the life and Linux experience of an old man (+60) and on Linux since 2000, I myself don’t care that much about the bleeding edge (not much difference in user experience). What I care about is functionality, usability AND stability.

Welcome here to the EOS world, and don’t think her you are a refugee, you are at HOME! :+1:

10 Likes

Hi, welcome! :slight_smile:

Many of us here are ex-Manjaro users. Few people go back to Manjaro from EndeavourOS.

8 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

Yep. The only that do go back are probably just not suited for arch based distros in the first place.

1 Like

Thanks for all of your kind words, you all definitely made me feel at home. To clarify, this update that I wanted was especially important for me as it brought a few much-needed features( 1:1 touchpad gestures), otherwise I fully agree with you.

1 Like

Have a great time here!

1 Like

Thanks! You are right, you have a point! You got me this time. :rofl:

@W1se

Welcome to Endeavouros. hope you enjoy your new found freedom :innocent: :wink:

3 Likes

My personal experience, I distro hopped for almost a year! Tried everything from RPM, DEB, Arch, Solaris, BSD…Gentoo… you name it!

For a year of distro hopping I find EOS is the King :crown: EOS, the forum, the community.
I’m back home after travelling allover the Unix/Linux planet. :house_with_garden:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @W1se :enos_flag: :enos: :partying_face::tada::balloon:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! EndeavourOS is where it is at!

3 Likes

Welcome to the purple space!!
:purple_square: :rocketa_purple:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

As I work in the software industry and see the lack of structured software testing I can personally see the challenge of trying to have so many packages change (e.g. in Arch) and then how delaying these packages which may have fixes for the end user. The Manjaro team really needs to put allot more effort into testing if they want to have a slower release cycle compared to Arch. So I suspect (knowing KDE changes more then Gnome) that you got caught in that. I too was a Manjaro convert which spent a couple years learning before I finally decided to switch due to quality issues. Knowing what I know now … perhaps I should have used Fedora.

That being said, I think the cream of the crop came over to Endeavour, and I just don’t feel self concious about asking questions here. Its a great environment if you are looking at building your knowledge and understanding of Linux.

4 Likes