Gparted not detecting primary drive during manual partitioning on a secondary drive

I’m not sure why this isn’t working for you because I’ve done it many times with others with the same issue. :thinking:

I read somewhere, switching sata to achi temporarily would it work?

I thought it was already set on AHCI?

No, where do I do this?

You can set this in the Bios settings but the problem is that if Windows is set with this mode it can mess it up from booting and you could have to reinstall. That’s the problem… so i don’t want to tell you to do something that may cause failure in Windows.

So, Should i keep trying to find a different solution or should I move on​:cry:

I did want to ask if you have secure boot turned off?

Yes, without it being off , it showed security boot failed

Is there only one drive in the system? The gparted image shows one drive with one partition and unallocated space of 300 GB. When you use manual partitioning you have to create a new GPT partition for the unallocated space. You may have to use gparted to do that first and then run the installer and use manual partitioning once that is done and you are running in the installer.

Edited above:

It should be turned off to install eos.

Actually I have 2 drives, 1-ssd (256gb windows 10 came on it) and 1-hdd (1tb).

I created a 300gb partition for Eos on hdd after upgrading to windows 11.

I wanted to install Eos on ssd and the data files of Eos on hdd. But ssd isn’t showing in the partition manager.

So, can I install eos completely on hdd, leaving ssd alone… i dont think i will be able to add /boot/efi then

That’s due to the Raid Volume why it doesn’t show.

I have a dev ISO you can try if you would for testing purposes. Only the online desktops work on it. I can load it to google drive if you want to test if it works.

Yeah sure, as long as it doesn’t mess with my other win11 settings and data.

It’s just to see if you boot on it whether you can see the drive in gparted like you are trying to do.

Sure thing, just post the link here and I will get back with the result after my classes

It’s uploading now which will take a bit. It’s kinda slow but as soon as it’s loaded I’ll give you a link Please try downloading it ASAP and let me know whether the link works.

Sure

Please try to download it and let me know when you have it.

Edit: Link Removed