Gparted not detecting primary drive during manual partitioning on a secondary drive

I will try to help you resolve this. Did you try only manual partitioning?

Yes, i have some important works on hdd on windows, so manual partitioning will be my only way to get started with linux

Here’s the gparted image

Did you try the other command?

Yup, just logging in from there

https://clbin.com/vCP5p

Okay so you have the Intel Raid controller as shown in the hardware.

RAID:      Hardware-1: Intel 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode] driver: ahci v: 3.0 
           port: 5060 bus-ID: 00:17.0 chip-ID: 8086.282a rev: 10 class-ID: 0104 

You have to boot on the live ISO and when the grub menu comes up press e for edit. Then you need to add nvme_load=yes to the grub command line. Then press F10 i think to continue booting after you have added the parameter.

@joekamprad suggested the same thing and I tried that but it didn’t work.

Ok I’m just gonna do it again.

You must not be doing something right. Make sure you are adding it in the correct line after “quiet” if it’s listed and then you have to save and continue booting. I think it’s F10 to do that?

The command line looks like this in the grub menu when you press e for edit.

Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/@/boot/vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=314dd67c-2060-4f55-8afe-edeacc8d15d6 rw rootflags=subvol=@ quiet loglevel=3 nowatchdog

There’s only 1 line and there’s nothing “quiet”.

@joekamprad posted a video link just near the starting of this thread. It’s the exact same thing for me

You can use the arrow key to go to the end of the line and look at it. It might be further in the line or it may not have “quiet” but i think it does.

It’s like this

Use the arrow key and see what is in the whole line.

I have been adding it at the end of this image line as joker suggested

That’s fine as long as there is a space between the other parameters. Does F10 work to save and continue booting after adding it.

No, f10 doesn’t work. Enter does boot it up

I’m wondering if it’s saving the entry you add? That’s the only way i know of doing it.

Maybe @joekamprad can suggest something else?