Gnome 41 in the pipeline

I tried downloading that ISO but it didn’t work in vm.

That’s odd! Seems to be working for @MrToddarama. :thinking:

it was a royal pain to get to install at first. I think you have to set up the VM to use UEFI. I have it working on virtualbox, but haven’t tried with qemu

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

Feel your pain!
Perhaps in Gnome Boxes would be easiest?

2 Likes

yeah, except I wasn’t going to start using gnome boxes just to play with that iso. :wink: yes, sometimes I am just a stubborn old mule

1 Like

Gnome 41 isn’t yet in the gnome-unstable repo either. I supposed that by now it should at least be in there.

Rick … let me know if you want details on the settings I used for virtualbox to get the iso to load.

1 Like

I tried and it won’t start either way. I just didn’t have time to mess with it. I’m trying to finish drywall compound on my garage so i can start sanding. Joy! Then paint! More joy! Gnome 41 will probably be out by that time!

1 Like

Gnome 41 release is Sept 22

1 Like

Sept 22? Alright. I was under the impression that it was already released reading the article I linked to before.

1 Like

I will try it but i might need help with these extensions. :rofl:

you fell victim to the online bloggers and newsies all wanting to be the first to announce it! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Help yourself: don’t install any! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No …then it’s not really Gnome!

Friends don’t let Gnomies into the garden without knowing the path!

Seems so :man_facepalming:t5:

I used to think he was trustworthy, Jack Wallen. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s really not the full Gnome experience if you don’t have a broken extension or two every now and then. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right now, we are all into an uncharted territory, a journey into unknown. “There are also unknown unknowns” as wise man once said!

1 Like

At least 41 extensions I’m told. :rofl:

2 Likes