Let’s share!

Games:

• Announcements
  • Releases
  • Updates
  • News
5 Likes

Observer: System redux

Another unexpected comeback with next-gen graphics!

Veteran Observers can dive deeper into this dystopian reality thanks to three brand-new side cases to solve. “Errant Signal”, “Her Fearful Symmetry” and “It Runs in the Family” add another layer of depth to the game’s story while exploring thought-provoking themes of a future that soon might become our present.

On top of that, System Redux offers expanded gameplay, which includes new game mechanics, new secrets to find, redesigned stealth, additional neural interrogations, and quality-of-life improvements made with the help of the Observer community.

Newcomers get the chance to experience one of the most thrilling cyberpunk stories in all its next-gen glory: boasting 4K resolution, upgraded textures, new animations, models and effects, and transformed with jaw-dropping Ray-Tracing and HDR lighting.

Personally i loved the original game’s:

• Aesthetics
  • Dark cyberpunk psychological horror atmosphere
  • Voicing by Rutger Hauer (R.I.P.)
  • How hardcore it is influencing your real life state (:exclamation: DO NOT PLAY if you’re epileptic or anything like that, i’m not and i couldn’t play more than 30 minutes in a row without something like motion-sickness or dizziness, but loved it like a drug :laughing: )

Remake to me looks like somewhat different game, so i can’t recommend it just yet personally, but i’ll make sure to check it out :slight_smile:

P.S. Oh did i mention remake will also be Linux native too? :robot:

1 Like

Hey Keybreak,

Yet another great idea getting this gaming thread set up!!

One game that has been on my radar a while is Immortals Fenyx rising. Now we’ve seen some gameplay for it I think it looks really good. I love Ancient Greek mythology, Assassins Creed and Zelda, so I think I’ll really enjoy the game.

Also really looking forward to Prince Of Persia remake!! Again by Ubisoft. I absolutely loved playing that game back on PC years ago, so can’t wait to play it again :grin:

3 Likes

Wow…World of remakes this days! :upside_down_face:

To be honest…Most of them are kinda weak compared to originals, a lot of times studios just wanna make quick gamble, and also in the process change some very important aspects of gameplay or even overall perceived aesthetics and quality of game itself for the worse. :worried:

Best example of that would be remake of my beloved Mafia: The city of Lost Heaven which is absolute masterpiece still by this day! It’s like a good book, newer gets old.

I can’t stress enough how much it is infinitely better to play original, than this theatrical mumbo-jumbo plastic remake with characters and voicing not like mafioso types which face some strong life-changing dilemmas, but like a bunch of children in a candy store :rofl:

With all that being said - hopefully Prince of Persia: Sands of time won’t be that case! :joystick:

1 Like

Well in the game trailer comments the aesthetics have already been called out for being terrible and not much better than the original. But honestly that doesn’t bother me. As you know, I’ve been all about the retro games lately, so I quite like the look of it.:smiley:

1 Like

Atomic heart

Atomic Heart is an action RPG game. The story is about all the things that could have happened in the reality of the USSR but didn’t. Technical revolution has already occurred, robots, the Internet, holograms have already been invented, but all these innovations are immersed in the atmosphere of communism, imperialism and confrontation with the West. The protagonist of the game, a Soviet Special Duty KGB officer, ends up at one of the Complexes of the Facility 3826 during a massive robot control system malfunction. The game world consists of huge open-world regions full of lush Soviet nature and less spacious territories of the Facility complexes with its secret underground and above-ground labs, bunkers and robotic logistics systems. Most of the enemies are a variety of machines produced at the Facility. Each robot was originally made to serve the needs of the Soviet industry or to help Soviet citizens in a daily life. The robots are implemented with a combat program that should be activated in case of a war.

That one i wait a lot, looks like possibly best implementation of RTX to date :upside_down_face:
Kinda Half Life 2-ish, which is good :alien:

1 Like

Not my kind of game, as I’m not an FPS person - Other than Tomb Raider series - However, the concept itself is very interesting…

ETA: Forgot to say I agree with you though about the RTX, graphics look really good. Also, reminds me a bit of the Bioshock series.

2 Likes

Indeed, but that’s you know…That’s just how they roll in alternative-universe USSR! :rofl:

I can think of a lot of things that it could possibly look like and mixed from, at least before playing…
Half-Life 2
Bioshock
STALKER
Some elements of Dishonored even :upside_down_face:

Still, looks pretty unique, hopefully the game itself won’t be disappointing, as the core idea is brilliant! :space_invader:

I really wonder what exactly gone wrong in there, so that events turn THAT weird :rofl:

2 Likes

Also, speaking of shoddy remakes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-reckoning got released last week and received a lot of criticism for being very bad in terms of improvements. Something I definitely agree with after watching some comparison videos of the two games side by side. So I decided to buy the original from Humble Bundle for just £3.99 :grin:
I haven’t started playing yet, but I love the art style of the game it reminds me of Fable.

3 Likes

Interesting. I have the original in my Steam library, got it on a big sale, but haven’t played it yet. I had no idea there was a remastered version out.

What they didn’t answer was, can you play the forthcoming DLC for 2021 with the older version or is it strictly for this remastered deal?

You should definitely check the original out when you get a chance :slight_smile:

Also, I believe the DLC is strictly for the remastered version.

However, I was thinking to pick up both the remastered and DLC at some point next year when they’re both on sale and if possible transfer my old/Reckoning save game files to the new/Re-reckoning saves folder.

1 Like

Yep, I am copying your plan. I think the next big Steam sale is this October/Halloween. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Yeah I’m not sure if Re-reckoning will have gone down much by then as it will only have been out a month. But by next summer I reckon the price will have dropped quite a bit :crossed_fingers:t5:

I do love steam sales though! So looking forward to their Halloween one. :eyes: :scream:

1 Like

Switching it up a bit, I just got a notice form GOG that Vampyr and its DLC are on sale, an RPG. I want to play this one, so not sure if I am going to risk getting it there and running via Lutris or wait and see if Steam has it on sale in October. Though officially not linux supported, Protondb has good working ratings on linux. #videogameangst :crazy_face:

Hmm decisions, decisions :thinking:

Well it did get discounted by 70% on Thursday 10th September, so it went down to $11.09. So hopefully steam will reduce it by that much again for Halloween sale. Otherwise, you could give the GOG version a go, if Proton DB reports are good…

** Above stats taken from Steam DB:
https://steamdb.info/app/427290/

1 Like

Yes, thanks for the link, good to know. The GOG sale lasts for 4 days… but I will probably wait for Steam though. :thinking:

1 Like

Fair enough :slight_smile: I’ve never used GOG, so can’t compare it to Steam/Proton.

Also, just a headsup that the Steam Autumn sale will be happening from Wednesday 7th October as well.

1 Like

I did not know that. Here is me, throwing money at Steam. :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

1 Like

:rofl: Same.

1 Like

I wish some of the top games like Red Dead Redemption 2 would run on linux.

1 Like