Fresh Install , No Wired connection

Hello , just did a fresh install . Almost everything worked perfect . The problem I encountered is I have no internet wired connection .
WiFi is working great , but wired connection can’t connect .
I tried to connect while live , but still same . WIFI works great but no wired connection .
I was going to re-install , but don’t think it would make a difference as it happens while being live also .
I’m running KDE latest , how can I resolve this problem ?

Start by posting

inxi -Fxxxz

But i’ll assume it’s classics:

3 Likes

Looking into it now , thanks . I’ll report back shortly .

1 Like

After reading the link , I tried these 2 commands .
Two things to try:

install r8168 (sudo pacman -S r8168) and reboot, does ethernet work?
uninstall r8168 (sudo pacman -R r8168) and reboot, does ethernet work?

Still not connecting . Here is the ( ```
inxi -Fxxxz

And the Network section results : 
Network:   Device-1: Intel Comet Lake PCH CNVi WiFi driver: iwlwifi v: kernel port: 1000 
           bus-ID: 00:14.3 chip-ID: 8086:06f0 class-ID: 0280 
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter> 
           Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: CLEVO/KAPOK 
           driver: r8169 v: kernel port: 5000 bus-ID: 28:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8168 class-ID: 0200 
           IF: enp40s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>

After the wired connection deactivates , it give me this info :
IP configuration was unavailable
Not sure if it’s important or not .

I installed driver ```
r8168

here is the info after reboot : 
 Network:   Device-1: Intel Comet Lake PCH CNVi WiFi driver: iwlwifi v: kernel port: 1000 
           bus-ID: 00:14.3 chip-ID: 8086:06f0 class-ID: 0280 
           IF: wlan0 state: up mac: <filter> 
           Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet vendor: CLEVO/KAPOK 
           driver: r8168 v: 8.048.03-NAPI port: 5000 bus-ID: 28:00.0 chip-ID: 10ec:8168 
           class-ID: 0200 
           IF: enp40s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>

Just to check off some boxes… have you tried that same internet cable with another device to ensure it’s working? Have you tried another socket on the router?

Will double check now .

Personally I use the aur/r8168-dkms package. In /etc/modules-load.d/r8168.conf:

r8168

Works. Just as a data point.

Well , I just went through the basics . Although nothing changed but a fresh install , Garbage Modem was at fault . It is now working ! Changing modem fixed it . Reset faulty modem a couple times and that one now working .
I think I was confused because WIFI was working and didn’t suspect modem itself . I should have known better as Endeavour has always been perfect … SORRY , My bad !
Yes I’m embarrassed , and feel a little dumb at the moment .
Besides it working again , it was good to refresh my memory on the basics .
Thank You ! for the help …

4 Likes

Happens to the best of us :partying_face:

2 Likes

so many pieces of hardware and software have to all be just perfect, sometimes it can boggle the mind (well, mine, at least)

1 Like

Endeavour has always been perfect for me . Just hardware problem . I used to be a distro hopper looking for the Holy Grail . I found it in EndeavourOS . Now I’m cured !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.