Explain your username

I see some interesting usernames on this forum and I catch myself sometimes reading them out loud and saying to myself “I wonder what’s the story behind that”. So, let’s hear it. I’ll go first.

The username “Kundalini” describes an experience I had in South America while spending time with the local indigenous tribes and consuming their plant medicines. I didn’t know what I was experiencing at that time, but I can only describe it as separating from and dissolving from my form identity and operating entirely from a state of heightened awareness. This was a really surreal experience, and so I did research on this, and it turns out in Hinduism they call it “Kundalini”.

5 Likes

Mine, self explanatory :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve had this username for like 15 years, it’s a reference to this: https://zim.fandom.com/wiki/Chickenfoot
It was the first episode I saw as a kid and I was completely baffled. Then it quickly turned into one of my favorite shows growing up. Don’t look at me!!!

3 Likes

to uniquely identify me :laughing:

3 Likes

There is also another Topic on username choices here:

including my username

Pudge

3 Likes

RIP. I swear I searched the word username and didn’t see that.

2 Likes

No worries.

Pudge

“Kundalini would like his hand back.”
Best line in Max Max.

drunkenvicar is some non-remembrance of something forgettable roger daltrey said a long time ago; the kind of weird fragment that floats about the cranium undisturbed for a long time. that I could not understand it all was key to the creation of any username :grinning:

3 Likes

My first name with the first letter of my last name. so self explanatory.

3 Likes

Stephen W. Hawking, Shut While Hungry, Something way high, short way home or simply the first letters of my name :wink:

4 Likes

Deadly silent. First name - Chosen by Grand Mother - in relation to Ancestors in Périgord France in ~1635-1640 that came to “Nouvelle France” (now Québec). :blush:

3 Likes

Mine is a respectful tribute to the guys that got me into the Arch world & taught me patiently a lot. Antergos. :heart:
So, anTERGOS+arch= anarch (not so self explanatory, I guess… :innocent: )

4 Likes

lol I’ve always read your name as “sam-ee-ev” I thought you were Eastern European :person_facepalming:

Mine’s just a reference to a silly game I used to play a lot, called Kerbal Space Program, or KSP for short. I need to add my pfp, but I always use a meme with a kerbal that has the Walter White hat and hair. Just simple and quite self-explanatory.

[edit] Now I’ve added my pfp. XD

3 Likes

My username is my last name

2 Likes

I don’t like people messing with my hat.

On Christmas night in 1895, Shelton and his acquaintance William “Billy” Lyons were drinking in the Bill Curtis Saloon…Eventually, the two men got into a dispute, during which Lyons took Shelton’s Stetson hat. Subsequently, Shelton shot Lyons, recovered his hat, and left.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stagger_Lee

4 Likes

First made this for Perfect Dark 64. That’s how old the nick is. Needed something royally sh!t, like my skills, so…

4 Likes

I had a rabbit named Dirk as a kid. Langohr means long ears in German. So, there you go, the exiting story behind my username :smiley:

2 Likes

Years ago I worked as an EMT-Paramedic on offshore oil and gas platforms. One of the plaform hands called me “Mike the Knife”. I asked him why that name and he said, “because you are sharp”. Thus my username.

5 Likes

tetris-alist would be my new name if going by your model :grinning: