Condres OS is back

Condres OS was an Arch-based system that ran from 2017 to 2019. Back then, the team decided to end the project to focus more on their personal lives.

Apparently, the “distro creating fire” was still there and Condres OS has made its return to our Linux landscape. Only this time, the team decided to travel another route by making the distro Debian-based.

One of the Condres founders was very active over here and even helped us behind the scenes.
We’d like to congratulate @specialworld83 and Angelo Scarnà on their reboot of the project.

Congratulazioni e auguri per il future

https://condresos.codelinsoft.it/index.php

12 Likes

Arch → Debian - now that’s a u-turn :upside_down_face:

The first thing I notice on their website:

Why, Condres OS, why?

2 Likes

0c99d357bb40e29d849ed4bce7730fec7aa51f55
fixed it :wink:

7 Likes

@Bryanpwo thanks Bryan. The move to debian is due to multiple choices that are due to a conservative method on the server side. Between September / October we will make available the control center, kde 5.25 built directly for the distro and some news that I cannot currently disclose.

@Kresimir the Apple logo in the image is the reason for the port on m1 following the development of ahasi linux. we are testing an internal build and it seems to work.

8 Likes
3 Likes

Kudos for using Debian instead of SnapBuntu.

Welcome to Condres OS, a modern and intuitive operating system. We believe that an operating system should be easy to use, easily accessible, and beautifully designed.

Reading the description kind of reminds me of Elementary OS. Wonder how the founders see eOS. Complimentary or unconnected.

1 Like

A complete arch back.

2 Likes

Yes i saw this recently also. Glad to see them back.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing.
Pretty neat website I have to say.