Chromium browsers launches very slow

Okay … i get that then. Did you add the kernel parameter for the amdgpu?

pacman -Q | grep nvidia lists nvidia-dkms and few others, so drivers are installed, aren’t they?

1 Like

Nope, maybe it’s default?

Can you add the kernel parameter in /etc/default/grub
Add amd_pstate=passive

Then run the update grub command.

I’ve just tried stock 6.1.8-arch1-1 kernel and it’s the same 30 seconds. Hardware acceleration is disabled.

Wow …mine opens instantly!

Edit: Both Chromium and Firefox

Firefox is fine, only chrome and Vivaldi are so slow to me.

EDIT: adding that param change nothing

Get rid of them and try Chromium. I think you’ll find it way better. Also on Firefox in settings at the bottom on the page under general. Network settings. If you have enable dns over https set the user provider to which ever one opens the page the quickest after Firefox launches.

Now that you added the kernel parameter try reboot and run this command to see that it’s working or not.
You could try it first without reboot and see if it loaded the module.

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_driver

Your leg is broken? Get rid of it and use stick. You will also look as a pirate!
Jokes aside, I’m using 2 browsers for convenience. While Firefox works fine, neither Vivaldi nor Chrome do.

This command shows “amd_pstate” with that option.

Perfect that’s what you want. As far as the browsers go i meant get of of Vivaldi and Chrome and try Chromium instead.

EDit: So keep Firefox and add Chromium. Get rid of Vivaldi and Chrome.

Chromium loads fast. What’s going on?

Told you! Chrome browser sucks! Vivalidi i like but again if it isn’t loading fast enough i won’t use it. I only use stuff that works.

Edit: I use only Firefox and Chromium.

Hope that helps you get a better user experience. When i click on something i expect it to open instantly or within reason. If you have this kind of hardware that is what i expect.

Chromium is the open source browser.

Okay, fine. It’s not a solution to the original problem, but rather a workaround. I guess I can say goodbye to all those cool audio/video codecs then?
But still, why is it so slow? Vivaldi shouldn’t be doing much more work than chromium. Once again, it worked fine in arch, so something really fishy is going on.

What cool audio video codecs are you referring to?

Edit: Test your browsers

Edit: Not sure what audio and video codecs you are referring but i have no issues.

You can see here.

Edit: There are lots of sites to check if the browser supports a certain codec. Sometimes you need to install a package such as ffmpeg or others.

Proprietary like H264, AAC, etc. And they’re not available. As expected

https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/H264-AAC-MP3_support