Buying new laptop, need help

oh sorry, not external like this ( I am not pro gamer xD)
I thought something like NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 or similar GPU :slight_smile: inside laptop

I donā€™t know about that?

Edit: Yes you can get an AMD processor with Nvidia graphics if thatā€™s what you mean. There are lots available. Maybe Tuxedo offers that also?

for AMD cpu they dont offer GPU , only integrated oneā€¦ I need to check with them about that.

That may be on the laptops that they offer already configured but you may be able to custom order what you want. If it were me and i was choosing to use Nvidia with an AMD processor i would get an AMD such as 5600X or 5700X with graphics so you donā€™t have a Hybrid setup. So if you spec that with Nvidia would be better than Hybrid in my opinion.

1 Like

so in your opinion , what is better option to go, with Intel or AMD ?

Intel is maybe good with additional GPU ?

The Intel processor is newer and maybe more performance but i dislike Intel Iris Xe graphics myself. But thatā€™s not to say itā€™s no good. Itā€™s just i prefer Amd or Nvidia graphics. Nvidia has itā€™s issues too at times.

1 Like

Per this review https://nanoreview.net/en/cpu-compare/intel-core-i7-12700h-vs-amd-ryzen-7-5700u Intel i7 is far better in performance.

Tuxedo put Nvidia GPU as default with Intel, maybe it is just good , without issues ? Which GPU is good with Linux except AMD , do you know maybe ?

Honestly i donā€™t think youā€™ll have an issue because Tuxedo is building for Linux so their Hybrid system is probably better than any other off the shelf Windows Laptops that you put Linux on. That is because most of those manufacturers design all their products based around Windows OS.

Edit:
Both laptops are probably good. It depends on budget and whatā€™s more important. Ultimate performance, reliability, installed hardware & specs. The higher the specs the more $$. I think it boils down to balance. What is reasonable, what are your expectations, what is your budget, what can you get for your budget, what is available for your location and your budget. What is the best bang for your buck. What are you going to be the most satisfied with.

Edit: Honestly there are a lot of good Windows laptops that work with Linux but it all boils down to what hardware they use and how they are designed around that hardware.

1 Like

Yes, I know. I searched for Windows laptop ,branded one, but for good specs I will need to pay even more than ones from Tuxedo.

I also got answer from Tuxedo about upgrading :
Itā€™s not possible to upgrade the devices afterwards with a GPU, you have to decide in advance.

So hard decision :slight_smile:

Nvidia GPU and hybrid, if you can avoid it, avoid itā€¦ I never had a blast with these, major factor being Nvidia with their proprietary drivers.

Another consideration is battery life. If you use a hybrid system battery life is generally much lower than laptop with integrated graphics. My understanding is that AMD cpu are more energy efficient. However, if you decide to go with Intel, Intel Xe integrated graphics works great.

So I guess it boils down to whether you need/want a dedicated GPU for gaming or graphic work. If you donā€™t, I would go for integrated graphics and better battery life. But that would just be my personal choice.

1 Like

Nah, I donā€™t game. Even if I do, for this is enough iGPU :slight_smile:

So now, AMD or Intel without dGPU :slight_smile:

To me I would rather depend cpu choice, and screen size/portability. Both AMD and Intel have open source drivers for integrated graphics. I would probably go Intel in this case, itā€™s seems more performant but use more battery. I would check some benchmarks and decide what you prefer. According to the specs you are looking at 14" Intel vs 15" AMD correct?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/intel-core-i7-12700-vs-amd-ryzen-7-5700g/amp/

Edit: sorry may not be the right cpuā€¦

1 Like

Here is better link https://nanoreview.net/en/cpu-compare/intel-core-i7-12700h-vs-amd-ryzen-7-5700u

1 Like

I had 14" laptop few days ago but I returned it. I have business one, 15.6 inch , and it is to big. I guess I prefer smaller :slight_smile:

Between AMD and Intel, AMD have better iGPU performance than Intelā€™s Iris.

But Intelā€™s CPU is much better in performance. Even if it is in smaller laptop (14"), it has 2 fans, with 2 pipes so cooling should be ok. I also have external cooling, one fan (cooling station).

I mean, between 14 and 15.6 inch difference is really small. I can always use additional monitor :slight_smile:

I will also check if I can get some branded laptop here in my country for similar price, but with 32 gb ram and same CPU. If yes, will buy that ( easier for warranty, service etc) If not will buy from Tuxedo

I want everything perfect, that is why I am complicated, :joy:

1 Like

The plus is that they include 3 years warranty, thatā€™s pretty awesome.

no, 2 is by default. I set 3 ( need to pay little more but it is fine) :smile:
3 years warranty (Incl. parts, labour & shipping) ( +156,51 EUR)

I am searching for another laptops, only one which i can find with 32 GB ram is Lenovo Legion 5 pro ( too big and heavy), Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Proā€¦ That sucks :frowning:

And be careful, some of these systems have speaker drivers that donā€™t work yet on Linuxā€¦ I have seen these models in the threads about legion too. I posted some of these links in this topic:

1 Like

Yes, I saw that. But I dont need gaming laptop. Everything above 1.7 kg is to much for me xD

1 Like

I really like the AMD you posted aboveā€¦ Difficult choicesā€¦

hmmā€¦ which one ? I posted lot of them xD