Buying new laptop, need help

1 Like

Oh yes. I am in like ā€œbigā€ doubt between those and https://www.tuxedocomputers.com/en/TUXEDO-InfinityBook-Pro-14-Gen7.tuxedo#!#12557,140106;12555,140095;12558,140107;2155,38774;2230,38955;2107,38738;2212,38992;625,39865;12534,139995;2328,39637;963,39305;717,35315;2148,38993;2297,38365;1896,38187;817,35594;

@Brtza
Have you looked at the Lenovo Thinkbook?

Edit: Not sure if you can get these in your location? I have the 14" Thinkbook but is only the Ryzen 5500 with 8 GB ram.

I will check. But I think that someone posted here or on Reddit something about ThinkBook that is not good quality etc . That is why I skipped it in my search

Not sure why they would say that? I have one and it has keyboard back light, 1080P screen Ryzen 5500 with Ethernet and WiFi. The newer ones have higher Ryzen CPU and if you got 16 GB ram and drive size you want. Worth looking at. Itā€™s not like the Thinkpad. Itā€™s a consumer laptop model but much different than the Ideapad also. :man_shrugging:

I found those for now :

The only thing i see is the battery life isnā€™t real high on the first one. Not sure what it is on the second one.

Edit: I guess they are both close 6.9 hrs and 7.5 hours but those ratings donā€™t equate to real life use. I would say itā€™s less.

Yeah, but battery life is not so important for me, because mostly it is on charger :slight_smile:

We bought two for work. Both had faulty trackpads after a month. I sent one back for fixing it. Will check exact model and post here.

1 Like

I donā€™t know. The Thinkbook is very popular. I like the one i have but havenā€™t used it that much yet.

I just check reviews for both models. They are not so good, and 45% NTSC display is a ā€œmehā€ for me, for that price :frowning:

For me Iā€™m not that concerned with certain display as long as itā€™s 1080p. I donā€™t care for bright and shiny screens. As long as things work.

Edit: Iā€™m not trying to convince you on anything. Just giving you ideas to look at. Ultimately you are the one to decide and as you have already. You decided to return it because it didnā€™t meet your expectations.

1 Like

Than you didnt saw OLED display on laptop :smiley:

On this one we couldnā€™t get the sounds card goingā€¦ Lenovo thinkbooks (13SG2ITL) and sent it back for repair for trackpad.

Previously we got Lenovo L14, realtek wifi not working. :exploding_head:

We specifically asked for Linux supported laptopsā€¦

I thought that Lenovo have Linux support for all models ?

Not all models. Only the ones that ship with Linux. ThinkPads are generally well supported.

The rest is often hit and miss with trackpad, wifi or sound card. Cheaper consumer models like the slim or thinkbooks. At least thatā€™s my experience with Lenovo.

The best Lenovo laptop that supports Linux to my opinion is the carbon X1, never went wrong with it but it is expensive. Older gen maybe discounted enough at some point.

1 Like

ThinkPads are great, nice specs etc, but design is like really old laptop, haha. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree they look that way. :laughing:

I ad stickers on top of it :wink:

I purchased a Think book and a K14. The K14 has open slots for up to 32 GB memory. I havenā€™t even turned it on yet. The Thinkbook is only 8 GB soldered but has other features i wanted. Ethernet + WiFi and Backlit keyboard. Iā€™m happy as these are normally close to $1500 Cdn plus tax. I paid $538 for the Thinkbook and $577 for the K14 + taxes. They were on sale and i think worth it.

1 Like