Bssid =0:00:00:00

the same error, activation conection failed

It’s very weird …
Both wl and wl-dkms would have to run smoothly, I don’t understand …

Did you make a new connection and start over? Sometimes these connections keep old info…

The only thing left for me to answer is the following:
1- Delete all traces you have of broadcom installed sudo pacman -Rnsc broadcom
2- Turn off the machine and after a few minutes, turn it on again and try again with broadcom-wl-dkms
3- Restart and see what happens

I have the same broadcom on a Dell and with these drivers I never had problems with any distro …

He could also restart his modem router?

1 Like

I do all of these, restarted router, resetting LAN from browser interface provider, deleted all Broadcom , b43-firmware’s and installed again , setup to auto channel on WiFi settings, deleted all networks wired and WiFi from network manager and setup again… nothing worked. I’m off for bed , but before 1 cigarette :see_no_evil::joy::joy::joy:… I will try tomorrow on live media , if not working, I will reinstall. And come here with answers or solutions. Good night and thanks .:wink:

And … after reinstalling Broadcom -wl-dkms and restarting the laptop, the modules won’t loads

I never had. too. This is first time.

Yep, I’m confuse too. Because WiFi was “broke” when network manager was updated… and I don’t know if is from hardware or software (drivers).:roll_eyes::thinking:

@Tiger Did you also look at this? This has to do with connection problems with version 1.22.2 NetworkManager

As shown in the above link. You have to modify:
/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

add this:
[main] dhcp=dhcpcd

After this, a little service restart:
sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager

So stick with the broadcom-wl-dkms and get the module loading first and then edit the file and see if this is the issue.

yes, but didnt work. removed all , desktops, kernel lts , broadcom wl dkms, restarted the laptop, installed again , do the modification of network manager, and finaly worked after again restarted my lap :see_no_evil: :roll_eyes:top

1 Like

So it is working now?

Finally you got it work !
Not yet…

just 5 minutes…after restarted the laptop, refuse to connect… :see_no_evil:Screenshot_2020-01-02_21-52-37

wired works ok, wifi works ok on all iphones, but not on laptop

modules refuse to load…broadcom-wl-dkms installed, reboot and nothing changed
[tiger@tiger-pc ~]$ sudo rmmod b43 b43legacy bcm43xx bcma brcm80211 brcmfmac brcmsmac ssb wl
[sudo] password for tiger:
rmmod: ERROR: Module b43 is not currently loaded
rmmod: ERROR: Module b43legacy is not currently loaded
rmmod: ERROR: Module bcm43xx is not currently loaded
rmmod: ERROR: Module bcma is not currently loaded
rmmod: ERROR: Module brcm80211 is not currently loaded
rmmod: ERROR: Module brcmfmac is not currently loaded
rmmod: ERROR: Module brcmsmac is not currently loaded
rmmod: ERROR: Module ssb is not currently loaded
[tiger@tiger-pc ~]$

That the module is loaded in a late instance? :thinking:

no…and i refuse to clean install eos. ‘working’ to fix will learn linux :grimacing:

Do not load the module, directly

but how?

Can you post this:

lspci -nn -d 14e4:

1 Like

-pc ~]$ lspci -nn -d 14e4:
13:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries BCM43142 802.11b/g/n [14e4:4365] (rev 01)
[tiger@tiger-pc ~]$

The linux wireless driver page shows it’s not supported.

14e4:4365 no BCM43142 b/g/n LCN40 (r3) wl

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/b43

To show what kernel modules are currently loaded:

$ lsmod

?