Bryan is exhausted and in hospital

Hello everyone,

This is a message from Sean, Bryan’s husband.

Bryan was exposed to a lot of stress at work and in his personal life from late 2019 until now. Because of this stress he collapsed last night while he was going down the stairs. His wounds are light but he needs to rest on doctors orders now.

I talked to the doctor and his bussines partner and ofcourse he is going to be cut oft of from emails and texts from work. Later today, I’m returning to the hospital to bring him some clothes and his phone.
I can’t prevent him to login over here, so after talking to the doctor I think it is the best way that I informed you about what happened, just to protect him from himself.
Besides, he really put his heart and soul into this project, so it would cause more stress if he couldn’t get in over here.

He will stay in hospital for observation, but there is a big chance he will come home sooner, because of COVID. That’s why I ask you to not ask him important questions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

61 Likes

Jesus…

I hope he get well soon and take some time off to take care of health, proper sleep etc!
It’s super easy to burn out like that, been there too…

Best wishes and speedy recovery! :four_leaf_clover:

9 Likes

This is really sad news. Nothing in the world is more important than health.

I hope he will get better soon.

9 Likes

Get well . I :pray: for you :+1:

7 Likes

Stress is not funny, and then you have to deal with opinionated randos on a Web forum. :frowning_face:

Please disconnect his router if he needs it - this forum, and EnOS, isn’t going anywhere.

24 Likes

To not let you all in the dark:
Bryan is O.K.
This will not affect EndeavourOS, Moderators and Developers continue to work and do everything to give Bryan time to relax, we have a structure that allows each individual to step back.

43 Likes

Hope you get some well deserved rest, Bryan! You deserve a nice beer or cuppa tea (or two or three!) and unplug for a while.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the best wishes, as Joe stated I am okay. I’m going to take a lot of rest now and will take care of things.

42 Likes

Heartfelt good wishes, Bryan. Speedy recovery, take good care of yourself, and don’t worry about over here. As everyone else has said, health comes first!

5 Likes

Take care of yourself and don’t push yourself too hard. Listen to the medical professionals, they know their stuff. Endeavour and Arch are OK. Our thoughts are with you. Sometimes your body sends your mind messages: slow down and recuperate. Learn this and you can bounce back stonger. We all have limits, and yeah we like to push them but when your body says “no” then listen.

Lotsa Love friend.

8 Likes

Get well soon Bryan. You do an amazing job here but don’t forget to sit back and relax every once in a while

4 Likes

Force Bryan, rest and don’t worry about the forum, even if it is for a while. We are all here, taking care of EnOS, get better first and then come back to the forum, but slowly :slight_smile:

All the best vibes for you, let them take care of you a little !!!

4 Likes

Best wishes and get well soon!!! :four_leaf_clover:

Hugs :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Thankyou Sean for your message. I think you can see we are very supportive. In a situation like this hospital is the best place. When he is discharged make sure he takes it easy for a while, whatever he may say. There are more important things in life than a Linux Distro. My best wishes to you both. :heart:

5 Likes

get-well-soon

All the best to you Bryan!
Take care of yourself!
:purple_heart:

7 Likes

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Do not worry about EndeavourOS, it will still be here when you’re back.

5 Likes

Without Health, there is nothing, including EnOS. SO its time to rest and recharge your batteries.
Best wishes and TAKE YOUR TIME!

7 Likes

Dit is schrikken! Verzorg jezelf goed Bryan!
Je hebt hier gelukkig genoeg capabele teamleden om de boel recht te houden.
Gezondheid gaat altijd voor, ongeacht de omstandigheden!

This is shocking news! Take care of yourself Bryan!
Luckily your team members over here are more than capable to keep the boat afloat.
Personal health always should have priority, no matter the circumstances!

5 Likes