Big Daddy Linux has eos distro challenge on 11 December '21

For those who are interested, the Big Daddy Linux community has this segment called “distro challenge”. It means that they ask the community to run a distro for a week.

Last week, in the wake of the Atlantis release, they picked EndeavourOS and they are going to discuss their findings tonight at 8 pm Eastern US time.

They asked me to join them and I said yes before I realised the time difference… Oh well, who needs sleep?!?

21 Likes

Shut up! and go to work!!! why we pay you with love and kisses? <3

9 Likes

User nobody! It’s BLOAT!

5 Likes

Oof. I feel for you. I’m only up at that time because I’m in Pacific time, otherwise that would be too late for me.

Thanks for spending your night doing this.

6 Likes

Can you take a nap (1-2 hours) during the day?

2 Likes

Any links to this?

Sleep is heavily overrated, anyway. :wink:

5 Likes

Sleep :sleeping: is underrated, we should get nap sessions at work

5 Likes

Just take your 15 minutes of power napping at work. :wink:

1 Like

Maybe this: https://www.youtube.com/c/BigDaddyLinux/videos

5 Likes

Thanks, I forgot to put in the link.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. We look forward to see you there.

1 Like

sc-211211-162429
I see he can adapt his live sessions based on his guests. I think sleep is important. I would ask for a reschedule and tell him you didn’t realize it was US EDT.
Also he has his 600 views per live session. I wouldn’t lose too much sleep over it if you don’t mind the pun.

1 Like

Well, l did it before and they were one of the first to put the spotlight on us after our very first release, so it is also giving back. :wink:

6 Likes

I’m not saying they should be disregarded or disrespected, I’m saying sleep (and more general health) I would sacrifice only for highly critical situations which this seems not to be. They seem to have their 600 viewers, I think they would follow them even if they chose to reschedule this particular session to accommodate their friends from Europe.

2 Likes

Our show’s main topic will be to discuss our exploration of EndeavourOS. This will be a constructive conversation to highlight the good and areas for improvement for the user experience as well as how users decided if it was right for them.

Source

2 Likes

@eosbtw

:pray: for link, I enjoy that + great job @Bryanpwo ( enjoy your sleep )

2 Likes

Watching it now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome interview! :grin: funny all these guys describe support they got via this forum in the past couple of days.

3 Likes

That still is the biggest attraction of this distro, the community :wink:

5 Likes