Are we nerds?

I don’t know about you guys but everytime I tell someone that I use Linux and not Windows, they ‘jokingly’ say that I must be a nerd. I mean I have many other hobbies, I go out (when there is no stupid lockdown), play basketball with my buddies on weekends, I go to bars…etc…etc…
Why this classification of Linux users as nerds, or is it just me?

3 Likes

I am. And not only when it comes to Linux!

:nerd_face:

5 Likes

I’m a geek and wouldn’t have it any other way. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Why look at this as a bad thing? I see it as a good thing. Especially coming from certain people.

4 Likes

I’d rather be a hacker, than all this childish weird terms :sunglasses:

:joy:

9 Likes
4 Likes

I like frogs.

8 Likes

I’m a Linux connoisseur! I like the finer points. Anything is possible … Nerd just sounds so yuk! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

This is excellent!

5 Likes

But this is not a hacker. A hacker wears a hoodie, sun glasses (sic!) and sits in a dark room. On his screen there is some gibberish, but no real code. At least on TV…

“Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.”

6 Likes

lol, so true!

1 Like

As much as I like Luke, I have to disagree with him here.

If you’re going to use 'Buntu, you may as well just get Alexa. Either way, your personal data ends up at Amazon…

4 Likes

You may add me on LEGO.

1 Like

Did you say LEGO?

Check this out!

source

https://www.openculture.com/index.php?s=The+Great+Wave+Off+Kanagawa&q=The+Great+Wave+Off+Kanagawa

Or this:

:exploding_head:

6 Likes

i wish i had that mustach ; :slight_smile:

geek

noun

\ ˈgēk

Definition of geek

1 : a person often of an intellectual bent who is disliked

2 : an enthusiast or expert especially in a technological field or activity computer geek

3 : a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken or snake

3 Likes

:thinking:

Ozzy is such a geek…I hope bat counts :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ll bite the snake’s head. What kind of snake is it?