Are we nerds?

Python

1 Like

Isn’t it cool to be un-hip now? :thinking:

I am not un-hip, but I am un-knee, my hips are fine :rofl: The knee is another mater entirely.

1 Like

On the plus side, it’s like a mediocre super power–you always know when a storm’s coming :grin:

1 Like

I don’t think there is any resemblance at all…
nerds

3 Likes

I thought the people who bit the heads of chickens were gimps?

It has been written:

The Geek shall inherit the Earth

…or something like that…

seriously though, it matters not what someone else thinks of you, but rather what you think of yourself. If they are so insecure that they need to label you in order to deal with you then I wouldn’t bother with them.

2 Likes

I had a pet Python for 6 years. Maybe I am a nerd.

Or a herpetologist? :snake:

We are nerds indeed. At least we are elitist nerds based on Arch…

1 Like

Finally my quest for identity is over! What a relief!
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Geek VS Nerd Traits ?

geek-nerd

I don’t know? Maybe I’m a hipster! :slightly_smiling_face:

Nahhh, you’re a nerd. I didn’t know I was one till today.

I am Der Doktor

1 Like

Du bist Der Nerd

3 Likes

Are you? None of the “we” stuff. You can’t make me speak French.

I love sports and building cars and possibly some good old fashion street racing. “The shit stops when the hands drop” was in one of my former forum profiles. Linux is just another hobby. I also love golf.

Everyone is whatever they are. Everyone is entitled to be whatever or whomever they want as long as it doesn’t take away from another person to exactly the same freedom. Be you.

3 Likes

While others might consider me a nerd, I’d rather think of myself as eccentric:

Nerd is sometimes construed negatively, as we see in one of the definitions referenced in this thread above: “unstylish, unattractive, or socially inept…” On the other hand, an eccentric might engender society’s respect.

• Enduring non-conformity
  • Creative
  • Strongly motivated by an exceedingly powerful curiosity and related exploratory behaviour
  • An enduring and distinct feeling of differentness from others
  • Idealism in the sense of wanting to make the world a better place and the people in it happier
  • Usually uninterested in company, and uninterested in opinions of other people
  • Have one or more hobbies they are happily obsessed with
1 Like

I’m a nerd and its been years since my last confession.