Another YouTube Crackdown - Are Apps Like FreeTube Doomed?

Government/CIA does coprocessors.

Feds / summum of local law enforcement does what is now called Meta overwatch.

Microsoft is gaining on item 1 due to better AI, seized control of you hardware through UEFI. Call me superparanoid I don’t care. I just know that all my Windows work gets undone (including the Activate Windows watermark when I plug in my network cable. And the West ditched Huawei.And China doesn’t want Intel/AMD with Microsoft on their government computers anymore. Call me a hyperparanoiac I don’t care. DYOR.

2 Likes

Well They already cracked down with (and I’m not sure if u familiar with this ) It’s called invidious a alternate front end to youtube ig that ones over with sadly

I’ve tried to use this instance of Invidious. Hopefully other instances are better, because this one is a day+ out of date, which is… not great, honestly.

i feel like none of them are working tbh

That honestly sucks. Not that I was going to use it, but still. It sucks.

really now youtube fiinna shut em all down lol idk y because they act like they the only ones who can do video uploading social media apps/websites

Because they’re the only ones that can upload videos, of any kind. It’s kinda built on that. Other platforms like TikTok are trying to break into YouTube’s market, while YouTube tries to break into TikTok’s market.

Also, it’s because Google wants money, that’s about it.

ohhhhhh theifery NICE :smiley:

I don’t see how people can enjoy surfing the internet on their phones anyways. I just use it for messaging, pictures, and calls

3 Likes

The only time I do is while on breaks or lunch at work. Or anytime I’m away from my PC, laptop or tablet.

So basically (and nearly) all day? :clown_face:

1 Like

Nah. I spend a LOT of time on the PC. Before and after work, weekends…

But yeah, i hear ya. :joy:

I honestly wonder that too. The experience is so… crappy. It’s genuinely crap.

Hah! My friend would have an aneurysm reading that, he ‘hates downloading’, and it doesn’t matter how many times i explain to him that watching videos online is downloading, and yes, the files do in fact exist on your pc when you watch them, it’s like he just doesn’t get it.

Anyhow, are apps like freetube doomed? this is asked everytime goolag farts. It’s not doomed. There’s a will, so there will be a way.

When you don’t have other options it’s great, I do it a lot at airports.

I was met by this today when I visited the Invidious instance that I have been using lately:

:weary:

4 Likes

Honestly, that’s pretty dumb. While I don’t use YouTube alternative frontends anymore, this is rubbish.

1 Like

I mean they’re doing it with chrome too, acting to disable adblockers i mean.

They just really want that moolah, understandably, and can’t think of more productive ways to get it.

I can’t see the warnings, I’m using ytfzf, which, if it has no response from an Invidious instance, jump to another one until it has a connection.

1 Like

Right, some instances seem to be working and some not.

The developer(s) of Libredirect addon has(have) also posted about this on their Fosstodon account:

libredirect

3 Likes

I must be lucky, I tried 5 times in a row and had different instances, no problem so far.

1 Like