Another Manjaro Refugee here. Sup!

Greetings Fellow Humans, Human Fellas.

Another Manjaro Refugee here.

I thought I should see what other Arch-based distros had to offer. I’m not entirely convinced that the Manjaro dev team has gone to sheat but it wouldn’t hurt to have a backup.

I’m an 18 high-schooler(soon college student) from South Korea. This would be the 8th distro I tried in my one year experience with Linux.

Can’t wait to see what kind of monkey spanners you guys throw at me!

Edit: Once I’m done with high school, I’ll see what I can do for Korean translation. Gotta help the community somehow.

20 Likes

Welcome @SuppaMan

2 Likes

Thanks @ricklinux . I’ve been lurking here for a few days and you guys seem chill. I really like that. Manjaro team seemed a lot more Serious.

1 Like

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Welcome!!

3 Likes

Well then, Trees to meet you!

1 Like

What 8 distros have you tried?

1 Like

Ubuntu, PopOS, Fedora, Mint, Solus, Raw arch(didn’t go well), Manjaro, and now EndeavourOS

What were the main issues with raw Arch?

Welcome aboard @SuppaMan :smiley:

2 Likes

Installing it… Lol. Never got passed the installer…

3 Likes

Well…you’re going to like this installer! Pick your desktop and come on in!

1 Like

I definitely will mate. Thanks for the work you do

1 Like

Welcome to the fun :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

2 Likes

Welcome . I’m a 67 yr. old guy with Arch and Endeavour, hound dog and fishing rods, now. Manjaro was where I started as an XP refuge. You’ll enjoy the chit-chat here, good folks.

Happy trails…

5 Likes

Cheers brother! :clinking_glasses: I’m also 18, just graduated from high school. Will be a college student in about a month if all goes well. :hugs:
EOS installer is super easy. No chance of messing up anything! You’ll like the distro and the forum :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome to the warmth!

2 Likes

Welcome to this great distro and community ! “Sanyo Aseyo” (can’t write Korean… But if I am not wrong it should sound phonetically right :grin:)

2 Likes

Welcome @SuppaMan, have a nice stay at EOS :enos_flag:

Feel free to ask questions, if you are in trouble with something, because there are no stupid questions to ask!

2 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:
And good luck with your high-school endeavors!

We prefer to throw just monkeys :monkey:, no spanners to be found here! :rofl:

That’s the spirit! :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome @SuppaMan

2 Likes