A little warning for new users who installed Deepin

I hope so! I’m pretty sure this will runs Crysis…just not deepin!

Real problem is I have no excuse for that speed - except for Porsche Cayman tastes… and a clapped-out Golf budget! Well, maybe a stretch to a Golf R budget :grin:

I’ll take the Civic-R

I just read it. He claims that his stuff compiles approxmately three times faster than on his current Intel. He was using Intel for about fifteen years. Bad advertising for Intel.

1 Like

I already have a 5 Ghz intel and it works great.

1 Like

Okay so here is the Deepin that works! DDE Ubuntu! Version 20

DeepinScreenshot_20200525163443

DeepinScreenshot_20200525163945

Edit: It’s using kwin which doesn’t help on the Arch version on my hardware.
Also Htop works!

I notice it is not using v-box video driver? Maybe this is the issue?

DeepinScreenshot_20200525164734

Edit: No freezing

I just tested a fresh install in Virtualbox, and it seems to be coming along nicely. I’m not a fan of how wide the Fashion Mode dock is…

@ricklinux It’s worth noting that it’s not v20 beta of DDE

All i know is it doesn’t freeze and works pretty well. I’m not even a Ubuntu fan but … the Deepin version 20 on Arch isn’t working for me. This one has the same old style dock and menu like 15 but at least it works.

Isn’t that because it is v15? Ubuntu 20.04, DDE v15?

Maybe you are right and that’s what i have been saying that version 15 is fine but version 20 won’t run on my hardware period. The question is what did they do to it?

I am not sure they did it - and think it is an ongoing thing…
The question is whether what they have is a beta, or still an alpha! And we (if willing) get to experience it all…

It would be better if the Arch install was pulling down the version 15 then.

Nah. It is part of the rolling experience - after all, it has to be your choice to try it! I’ll pass, thanks - not even over top of the non-functional Deepin I already have. Something’s going there, but I don’t know what yet. Maybe a mainstream Ubuntu Gnome 20.04. Maybe I should experience the whole snap thing first hand :grin:

Everyone always said rolling release not stable and all that other nonsense but i don’t see that. When i ran Mint i always updated the kernels as soon as they were out. Never had an issue in almost 5 years until i ran into Antergos and made the switch to Arch based running Manjaro also.

Edit: Don’t go snap! You might end up on flatpak!

Have you tried Intels Clear Linux? It uses flatpaks & it’s Gnome.

You’re forgetting how many setups I have on these machines now - 8 on this one, and 9 on the other! I am in no danger from a snap experience! If I need 'buntu, Xubuntu will do, or for that matter MX will do instead for an apt system. It is getting harder to run a normal build over there, though, without getting snapped or flattened!

1 Like

I like Clear LInux because it’s fast. Very fast! But it’s Gnome and Flatpak so there are two strikes against it already.

Edit: Make that three because it’s Intel!

I guess that’s fair from a guy considering a Threadripper! Me, I just try to get by - when I built this system I stayed within bounds I might actually be able to justify… the fastest CPU I could find with integrated graphics, lotsa RAM, lotsa storage. I do like speed though, but apart from compiling (a bit) I don’t NEED it…

Clear Linux is the speed king!