A little joke on a regular day

I wish, that this announcement would become reality. We are definitely able to create our own social infrastructure. In the end, I think, that we would be much better off, if we did anyway.

1 Like

Perfect man does not exiā€¦

9 Likes

This idea is used in epsilon-delta technique by which we prove various calculus based results.
In actual case epsilon is assumed to be greater than zero, but it is only assumption.

I remember the class where I asked teacher why not Īµ < 0 ?
:laughing:

He told that you can assume it like that, but general convention is of using Īµ > 0 .

If you want you can do, but in exams marks will be given for general convention only.

:rofl: :rofl:

@Kresimir

Here is photo-mathematical joke for you which I foundā€¦
Screenshot_20220209-141231_Chrome

11 Likes

Much maths going onā€¦

maths-is-easy-crying-cat-meme

Iā€™m studying probability this semester. Letā€™s hope I donā€™t have to repeat the course.

4 Likes

What are the chance of that happening? :rofl:

5 Likes
9 Likes

Probability is master of disguise, according to my experience.

It is very easy until it is very hard.
:saluting_face:

1 Like

@flyingcakes

When a statistician passes the airport security checkā€¦

When a statistician passes the airport security check, they discover a bomb in his bag. He explains. ā€œStatistics shows that the probability of a bomb being on an airplane is 1/1000. However, the chance that there are two bombs at one plane is 1/1000000. So, I am much saferā€¦ā€

10 Likes

Quoting Benny Hill I see.

Pudge

1 Like

Q: Why was Heisenberg such a bad lover?

A: When he got the momentum, he couldnā€™t find the position, and when he found the position, he couldnā€™t muster up the momentum.

This is Uncertainty Principle, though, which can have 3 forms:

1. Momentum-position(this case)
  2. Energy-time
  3. Number-phase
2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard a variant of that one:

Heisenberg gets pulled over for speeding and the cop asks:

ā€œDo you know how fast you were going back there, sir?ā€

And Heisenberg replies:

ā€œNo officer, but I know where I am.ā€

7 Likes

"You were going 80 miles per hour. "

ā€œGreat, now Iā€™m lost!ā€

5 Likes

@nate,

Now we should go faster than 80 miles per hour in order to locate @Kresimir !!!

:grin:

:flying_saucer:

7 Likes

Customer: Waiter, this soup tastes funny.
Waiter: Funny? But then why arenā€™t you laughing?

Customer: Waiter, thereā€™s a fly swimming in my soup.
Waiter: So what do you expect me to do, call a lifeguard?

Customer: Waiter, thereā€™s a fly in my soup.
Waiter: Thatā€™s all right sir, he wonā€™t drink much.

Customer: Waiter, thereā€™s a dead beetle in my soup.
Waiter: Yes sir, they are not very good swimmers.

4 Likes

A simple and straightforward.

Teacher: What is the difference between lightning and electricity?
Student: I know ā€“ you do not have to pay for lightning.

6 Likes

:funeral_urn:

5 Likes

Pilot post flight log entry: ā€œsomething loose in cockpitā€
Maintenance log entry: ā€œsomething tightened in cockpitā€

3 Likes

Little bit tough to thinkā€¦

Murphyā€™s Ten Laws for String Theorists:

(1) If you fix a mistake in a mathematical superstring calculation, another one will show up somewhere else.
(2) If your results are based on the work of others, then one such work will turn out to be wrong.
(3) The longer your article, the more likely your computer hard disk drive will fail while you are typing the references.
(4) The better your research result, the more likely it will be rejected by the referee of a journal; on the other hand, if your work is wrong but not obviously so, it will be accepted for publication right away.
(5) If a result seems to good to be true, it is unless you are one of the top ten string theorists in the world. (By the way, these theorists refer to their results as ā€œstring miraclesā€.)
(6) Your most startling string-theoretic theorem will turn out to be valid in only two spatial dimensions or less.
(7) When giving a string seminar, nobody will follow anything you say after the first minute, but, if miraculously someone does, then that person will point out a flaw in your reasoning half-way through your talk and what will be worse is that your grant review officer will happen to be in the audience.
(8) For years, nobody will ever notice the fudge factors in your calculations, but when you come up for tenure they will surface like fish being tossed fresh breadcrumbs.
(9) If you are a graduate student working on string theory, then the field will be dead by the time you get your Ph.D.; Even worse, if you start over with a new thesis topic, the new field will also be dead by the time you get your Ph.D.
(10) If you discover an interesting string model, then it will predict at least one low-energy, observable particle not seen in Nature.

In summary, anything in string theory that theoretically can go wrong will go wrong, but if nothing does go theoretically wrong, then experimentally it is ruled out.

3 Likes