A little joke on a regular day

friendlist

1 Like

whine

4 Likes

Was just telling my cat the same thing

We need to add a picture for board members to the first pictures. Something eerily demonic and akin to occult group leaders :slight_smile:

And now ā€œEnter Sandmanā€ is stuck in my head.

2 Likes

1 Like

Well, in another thread, I remembered a funny conversation on another distroā€™s forum. It is not a joke it is a REAL conversation between ā€œMeā€ and ā€œThemā€
I will not mention what distro, what forum, which userā€¦ even not my name there!
I just thought to ask first to be sure it is not against the rule of our forum.
It is not a joke it is a real conversation! But a real funny joke.
Is it OK to post here? (no names, no links)

As long as youā€™re not bashing other distros or blatantly going against the forum guidelines: https://forum.endeavouros.com/faq feel free to share a joke with the peeps here.

2 Likes

Where is Gnome 43? :rofl:

1 Like

womanmad

boxendwrench

5 Likes

ridepig

3 Likes

It is just the text of the conversation in the other forum.
No mention to that other forum, to the user, even my user name there or the software I was trying to install.
But the text is copy/paste from the forum with little editing to hide any identifying info.
Is it OK?

1 Like

Iā€™d say as long as you hide any traces to the original thread, why not?

1 Like

OK. This is not a joke. It is an actual conversation on ā€œanotherā€ forum of ā€œanotherā€ distro.
It is mainly about giving assistance by telling you ā€œgo RTFMā€ and if you didnā€™t get it and asked again or a further question it is just ā€œgo RTFM, againā€
The conversation went as follows:

Me: " and [I] followed precisely steps on their web site
Them: " And Iā€™m telling you for the n-th time: This isnā€™t Debian. Go read instructions on [xyz] page!!
Them:ā€œAnd by the way, even on their site they arenā€™t saying to enable both services. You just canā€™t read and donā€™t want to listen.ā€
Me:ā€œI did! I swear! I read!ā€
Them:[No reply]
And here comes the most interesting part in the conversation. Just after no reply from ā€œThemā€
Me:" Wellā€¦ a bit off topic.
What made you think I donā€™t readā€¦ I donā€™t follow instructionsā€¦ I donā€™t thinkā€¦ I donā€™tā€¦.?
Why would I ask initially if I donā€™tā€¦!!!?

Thanks for all your feed back, because everytime you say ā€œgo readā€ I ā€œgo readā€ again, so I learn and memorize more.
Them:ā€œI just enjoy being a c*nt, thatā€™s all.ā€ <== (this summarize it all) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is absolutely the funniest ever conversation I ever had in my whole +60 yrs life.
I doubt I will have another one like this (unless I go to the same forum again. Which will never happen as long as there is EndeavourOS and its community)

Any comments welcome!

2 Likes

6 Likes

They actually posted this?

I donā€™t find it funnyā€¦

To be honest, for such a highly anticipated post, with all the preparatory ā€œcan I post it?ā€ questions, it turned out to be quite a letdown. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

5 Likes

yesā€¦ I just copy/paste. The ā€œ<== (this summarize it all)ā€ is mine here.

I just wanted to be sure I donā€™t break our forum rules!
Simply ignore it!