Would you be interested in buying EndeavourOS merchandise?

Have you ever bought merchandise from other distros and what did you think of the shipping costs?

1 Like

Do you mean me? I have not. Because never compelled to buy anything because I was not invested much.

The best thing I ever got is a bunch of printed OEM CDs from Unbuntu :smiley: . Best shiping price it was free.

I bought some ubuntu merch a couple of years ago. Due to the high shipping costs I bought a mug, tshirt and stickers instead of just one item to make it worth it. It was expensive.

Perhaps it is possible to do it via amazon sell, it seems that shipping is generally affordable to the detriment that that seller has to given amazon a percentage. Another venue might be to check what other platform other distros use.

For example tshirts can be sold for a given amount of time if enough are sold. Think the seller just submits the logo and the rest is handled via that platform. Like teespring

Yea you donā€™t want an outlay of stock like pre-printed t-shirts, mugs in your inventory paid upfront before selling one by one.

If can find a service where they print/label per order basis, bill end customer for you and handle logistics for delivery. Donā€™t want it end up being additional responsibility day to day with your career alongside.

People wonā€™t mind markups to cover the work to process orders and shipping as buying for the official brand loyalty rather than physical value of the item(s).

It occurs to me that shipping very cheap for digital files :grin: Is there some reason we couldnā€™t have official print files for T-shirts, 3-d printing description files for useful goodies and a couple of varieties of stickers for adding to other goods? How about LateX files for sticker page prints?

Do T-shirts need CMYK files for production?

Can 3-d printed mugs hold a beverage safely?

Seems like an Open Source style solution, because shipping is extremely painful sometimes - and it is difficult to organize consolidation of orders for bulk shipping rates in any reasonable timeframeā€¦ Not is it easy to find ā€˜official outletsā€™ in geographically viable areasā€¦

1 Like

The idea would be to make it as easy as possible and incentivize some $ support for the project if that is something the developers like to have.

Companies like teespring linked above make it easy, you just send a logo, and they already have the merch ready and can ship. Another plus is that they have the website infrastructure to make orders and you can also set a goal, for example min 50 t-shirst sold then it goes out to print. Not sure what other companies do this type of thing.

I would say it is not the goal to earn money out of this, it would be nice to have for the community in the first place. And it would be good to go if it pays itself :wink:

2 Likes

No problem, here is a small selection :smiley:

:wink:

or better and cheaper this one :smiley:

merch

@mshmm

5 Likes

123-sweatshirt
winter is comming :wink:

5 Likes

Boxer briefs

4 Likes

Turkey plush and logo stickerā€¦but definitely the plush

youhoo, with the Space Shuttle on it, would be fine thing!!
But probably not possible, or : - / ? ā€¦ and also not pink :-))

Seriously though I would buy anything especially a T-shirt, just to show off.

I would maybe buy a T-Shirt (a simple one with just the logo; I like artworks like the one with the astronaut, itā€™s a great wallpaper but I wouldnā€™t want to wear it as a shirt) and a laptop sticker.

My brother runs an embroidery shop, If you can toss me a design I can get you guys a quote for t-shirts, hats, or even jackets. Not mugs or stickers though, at least I havenā€™t seen him do those.

Oh yaā€¦this is the ticket!

I could do this one.

Edit: This would be an embroidered logo!

preview

Edit: I just ordered this one for myself. I see how it is when i get it by Nov 3. :wink:

2 Likes

A t-shirt with a small EnOS logo placed at the traditional left pocket place. Iā€™m too old to be wearing huge graphics that are kind of bling! Stickers and logos on baseball caps and beanies I would definitely do though. What do I know? I was never fashionable (a bit like Linux!) :rofl:

2 Likes

Having been capable of killing a look that MIGHT otherwise have been fashionable - I get this statement completely! :grin:

Stuff I might use includes:
Stickers (a bit)
Ball caps
T shirts
Zipper hoodies
USB sticks
Decals (for adding to sailboat or shuttle models!)
Perhaps ā€˜From the desk ofā€™ notepadsā€¦?
Alternate versions with the ā€˜never bornā€™ logo would be good too :grin:

1 Like

You know there is an official logo variant for dark background. I think that would work better on this fabric color.