Wonderful EndeavourOS Linux Journey from Linux Enthusiast To Linux Daily User

Hello everyone,
I have been inactive for about a month, work related deadlines before Hanukkah and Christmas.
I was disappointed by Apples new ARM, IF I get any of them they will be converted to Linux asap.

I have to admit I am happy with Linux in general, especially Arch Linux and EndeavourOS.
I am doing about 90-99% of my work related tasks on Linux (browser, terminal, coding).

I have converted not fully but about 99% PC related Linux usage = 90% including phone (0% windows, 1% mac os + about 9% non linux phone usage, still waiting on my pinephone maybe I may switch to another one later on.) to Linux OpenSUSE+KDE (work pc for compatibility) Arch+XFCE (gaming), EndeavourOS+GNOME (private laptop) really happy with the Journey. XFCE is fast and perfect for gaming and UHD streaming on my mini pc connected to the tv, opensuse works great due to work related compatibility. I am amazed by arch and especially EndeavourOS with the GNOME DE, most natural for any MacOS user, but I may switch to KDE, friend of mine abigail (member here) became fan of Budgie it is very stable and deepin is cool. I might switch to KDE due to very active community, I value my gnome community as well, but KDE leaves more options to choose about your DE.

Linux and the free and open source software is a great choice for people who like options.

all in all I am happy I converted fully to Linux and enjoying my endeavouros journey ahead.

Wonderful EndeavourOS Linux Journey from Linux Enthusiast To Linux Daily User

14 Likes

I now use Linux for 99% of my tasks. It’s great to have choices!

1 Like

100% Linux all over the place here, never look back! :enos:
I still have one of my computers on Manjaro, but that’s soon to change for EndeavourOS as rest of my machines :yum:

3 Likes

Nice story! I only use Linux on my laptop, although I do play Football Manager through Shadow Cloud Gaming through the shadow-tech AUR Package, which is like a Windows 10 VM for gaming, but next to that my laptop is on the linux way since 2.5 years and the arch way since 1.5 years (Manjaro > Arch/Endeavour)

Always love to see the linux community growing.

3 Likes

99% linux here. That 1% is the phone, still waiting for some options. I don’t know if I could do a pinephone with their low-spec cameras. KDE, imo, once you install the right theme and make all the right settings, can act more like MacOS than Gnome, given Gnome’s rigid settings (unless you do some dirty hacking.) I think Gnome has a more MacOS feel out of the box than KDE, but that can easily be remedied.

1 Like

BTW 100% EndeavourOS here 99.9% Arch! :laughing: Running Xfce, Cinnamon & KDE.

2 Likes